JCAMS Mikuni setup rippin... have a ? on jetting

So I've got a few more jets coming in the mail to start playing around... but so far I've tried the 155 that I had and then the 180 the carb came with and I'm running the 180 with no problems... nice coffee colored plugs using a K&N RC-1070 filter and the thing pulls low and high...

Anyway, I read you all saying 150 range should be where it's at but for some reason my performance is better at 180? You all think that's too big a jet ... I don't think I have any air leaks - everything is on tight and nothing out the header side either...

Since it's running beast I'm not gonna mess with it till it stops running well... But any reccomendations would be appreciated

Re: JCAMS Mikuni setup rippin... have a ? on jetti

sammy sandwich! /

im runnning the 180... runs like shit with any thing else.

cool I'm glad to hear that - damn so if anything I should get a few more jets in the other direction - 185....etc..

I picked up 150 - 180

Remember different locations different jets, The Jetting here in florida is really kooky!

sammy sandwich! /

idk... i think i have mine dialed, but you might not.

try a 190

No that's the thing she's running so sweet I ain't gonna mess with it till I feel a difference... but I will look into getting some larger jets just incase....but it is def tuned right now - idles fine and top end is perfect - before the Low end wouldn't pull me and stutter or straight up shut down - now it's as soon as I crack the throttle - could also be in part due to the type F trans fluid I switched to...dunno loving it tho...

I ran a 160 main jet in my vm20, my friend chin runs a 150 main jet. We both had basic tomos motors that were not ported. So if you are running this carb on a ported motor then you should(theoretically) be using bigger main jets.

Pretty much if the ped feels good and your plug looks good then just ride the fucking thing. Leave your timing stock or close to it and run 93oct.

Yea I upped the octane last time I filled with 93 and used synthetic race oil 40:1 - between all the changes (Tires, Trans fluid type F) and tuning (pilot had to come out a bit 1 &1/4 turns out) I've noticed a huge difference in it's performance.

I didn't do any porting - just straight outta the box Allukit with HiComp head - I did get rid of one obvious little burr that was sticking up but that's hardly porting...

Thanks again for this setup and for reals - this setup turns heads and is spreading like fever over here - my neighbor and his brother both seriously want to do the same upgrade... so we may be contacting you again...

All the kids running dirt bikes and little gas mopeds in my neighborhood can't understand why it's so fast they keep asking me to ride it, sell it - HELL NO! Now they think my neighbors garage is a moped shop... and ask us if were open (while were kicking back a few brews on the stoop after work)...

Weak- End Justus /

Two jets?

155 and 180 are not enough range...

You need like 145-180.

It's crazy, because my giant gila kitted pinto is running a 145 main and the same K&N filter that you guys are running.

Get some more jets and tune tune tune : )

Have either of you tried to spray carb cleaner around the intake, cylinder, head, etc...?

If there is a leak, you'll find it best that way...

How about your drive side seal?

My friend TJ had a failing/leaking seal on the drive side that I think contributed to his running lean and he eventually seized.

If the bike runs great though, you might just go with what you got : )

Yea I got some more jets coming from treats.. 150-160-165-170-175.. as I already have 155 & 180.

I have not looked into the drive side seal - you could be dead on about that one - since the bike did go down and bent the crank - could have ckufed it up...where is it located exactly - on the inside of the crank? I'll try the carbcleaner tip - that's a good one - it'll rev up, if there is a leak right?

I don't know - I ran that thing yesterday through rush hour traffic on rock creek park - which was balls out WOT the whole way - 4 lanes of traffic and sweeping turns - it was insane and hella fun - I just prayed that she wouldn't sieze on me running WOT for such an extended length of time - and luckily she didn't but I did notice at some point after going WOT for a while that the full throttle position started to bog and 3/4 had her running smoothly even pulling - too rich maybe? - I couldn't do a plug chop cus I was running with traffic... it was borderline whether ped's are even allowed on that part of the road or not... but I didn't get pulled so that was good...

What type of exhaust do you have? I had a techno circuit with no stinger/silencer on mine and I had to jet up when the exhaust broke off since it flowed more exhaust.

Yeah, if your plug looks right then no need to upjet... Until you get an air leak and seize. ;) Some duders like to run a little rich to save their top end if the unthinkable happens.

I'm rocking an Estoril - with the silencer - not trying to take it off since it's loud as hell already due to the k&N + intake - and I want to be somewhat stealth rolling to and from work....

I think I'd rather be on the rich side of things as well... 40:1 premix ... Today I noticed a ringing sound what would that mean? - is that normal or an indication of being lean? It sounds like the rings are making the noise but the bike is riding fine... I'll try to do a plug chop tonight and try that carb cleaner trick....

thx

I'm reviving an old thread but it's relevant since treats sell them now. anyways WTF, i was running a 145 jet in my alukit. Swapped in an airsal and it was ripping with 195! couldn't locate any airleaks either....crazy ass carb,

regardless, I love it

i run high octane 50:1 type f trans same setup techno circuit and a 180 main and my 165-175 jets just came in it bogs wot every three or 4 times wot with the 180 any suggestions im in sc super humid during the day topping out around 49.7

here in FL. I run a 160 to 170 main.

i jus put a 175 in it and i can actually start the bike with the choke on but it wont idle so ima drop to a 170 and if i can run it cold with the choke on then its good

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account