How well is your kitted bike running?

Phil N. [MMP] /

How long have you been running your kit without any problems? ie. seizing, broken shit, and rebuilding the MFer

Re: How well is your kitted bike running?

I ran my old kitted A3 motor for well over 1000miles. With no issues except for the ignition coil in stator going out, threw in a 94 12V points system and I was running in no time.

1 stripped exhaust stud on my Puch Polini in the past year and a half.

I have been running this Airsal kit for two years and it thrashes on my E50. Upgraded to the PHBG and that created some problems as of late, but I think I am close to having it dialed in...

puch metra 65 = no problem for 2 years and 2 rallies, some piston wear!

puch k-star = no problem yet, about 6 months

v1 polini = no problems 2 years and 2 rallies, some piston wear!

morini 65 gila = no problems yet, only a few months!!

puch polini = seized and destroyed in like 5 miles, i think the intake bolts were too tight and warped the cylinder!! and I broke the skirt when prying open, dohh!! 260 down the drain!!

Phil N. [MMP] /

IRE has been having shit luck with kits lately. I exploded a piston on a 70cc K-Star after having the "death rattle". Tore the engine down and everything else looked good. Bushing on my crank caused the seize. I guess what you don't replace in the inital build comes back to haunt you.

for about 2,000 miles, Daily rider, Don't drive a car.

80 ups magnum

70cc k-star kit

19mm phbg

treats cdi(last 300 or so miles)

boss pipe

e-50

broke it in with pensoil crude for the first 500 miles

now running saber 50:1

50mph bike also. with good low end. 16 40 gearing.

running strong for 8 months.

metrakit 65cc, 14mm bing, tecno bullet: ran for two years/500 miles, no problems

metrakit 65cc, 19mm dellorto, tecno bullet: soft seized two/three times (one time uncertain WHAT happened) dialing it in. finally replaced the cylinder. note that this was my first time dialing in a big carb with multiple jets

polini 65cc, 21mm dellorto, proma circuit, HPI CDI: never got it running, ended up just riding my stock ped or my motorcycle. If I hadn't have HAD a stock ped and a motorcycle, I probably would've got it running. . . I guess . . .

My stock ped has become my daily because I'm so sick of kit shit. I have a parmakit for it (it's a moby) but haven't put it on because . . . argh I don't want to get into it again.

After a good $1500 of performance parts, I have to say, 14mm bing/65cc metrakit/tecno bullet (grand total of $300 including jets and etceteras) was the best setup because it was reliable and no bullshit. 14mm bing/65cc polini/proma circuit is said to have similar properties. I may try it and see.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

my polini on my za50 did great for about 500 miles, then I broke a bushing on the crank. Top end has probably 1500 miles and its going strong.

I've seized the gila on my derbi 3 times, but mainly cause I'm a noob.

Baltard Drought /

How can I avoid losing reliability? running slightly rich on purpose?

the human house /

athena 70 small reed block

1500 miles or more the speedo broke

only thing that broke was the stuffed crank came unstuffed. other than that its solid and does 55mph all day.and can blast up to 63mph when i want

16x36 gearing

hey dog poopie, what motor are you using? Is that 16x36 on a puch? I am just curious about the gearing because that is a great mph.

yea nick that is on and e-50

the human house /

e50

korado internals

korado cdi

i've ran my polini on a magnum for over 2 years. no problems with the cylinder.

trashed a za-50 bottom end maybe a year in? that was mid last summer after riding daily and a number of rallies.

i then put the cylinder on an e-50 without doing any work on it and rode that until recently when i rebuilt the bottom end with new bearings, seals, crank and port matching. it rips really good and i'm very happy with it. i have not gps'd it but i assume it goes 50 based on riding with other people who's bikes go that fast.

i have been running:

64cc polini

2 petal intake

19mm phbg

tecno estoril

16x40 gearing

rito race crank

next thing i'm planning on doing is putting on the polini 4 petal reed valve intake with motomatic intake, stoked!!! though malossi would have been preferred, i was kinda impulsive, and a lil impatient...

E-50

64cc polini

Broke it in 3 years ago riding to Kalamazoo

5 rallies later I have added

4petal intake modified

19mm phbg

tecno estoril
modified

race crank

powerdynamo cdi

No problems other than cracking a frame and an manifold.

I just found out that my daily rider (Derbi Variant) for the last 2 years was kitted. The previous owner said it was stock, but I pulled off the cylinder to asses the wear on my crank and found a 43mm bore. I'm pretty sure it's a metra 65cc cast iron cylinder, everything looked great so I just bolted it back together. As if finding a $50 Derbi wasn't good enough, to find out it's kitted too?. The point is, I've had no troubles relating to the kit or the increased power output, just general age issues. I think it also helps to not run crazy RPMs for extended periods.

"I guess what you don

MAdeleted nitronick /

94 tomos a35 with around 14000 miles. airsal kit 7000 + miles, cylinder still looks new. ran motul its entire life

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account