Building Up a Case

Can anyone point me to a good picture/example of a "built up" case? I'm just trying to figure it out. I have a spare hobbit cylinder and am thinking of doing some work on the ports. Thanks for any help.

Re: Building Up a Case

I think you are going to have to be more clear on what you are asking. THe ports on the stock cylindar are huge, by stock moped sizes. Most 70cc kits do not require case matching because the case is already big enough. If you want to do some porting on the the stock cylindar, then it would not hurt to match the exhaust port to the expansion pipe you are using and widen a bit. I do not think there is a lot of point to expand the transfers in the case unless you are putting on a big scooter kit.

Thanks, Jeremy. I wasn't so much planning on expanding the transfers -- I just wanted to make sure I understand it.

I'm going to try to do some port work on my extra stock cylinder. I will search for advice in other threads on this, but was hoping to understand more about what I will be getting into. The picture helps a lot in addition to your response. I guess the answer is, "It won't matter to you if all you're working on a stock cylinder." Maybe someone else could tell me I'm an idiot for bothering to enlarge the ports in the first place? I mostly just want to try is for experience's sake. Thanks again.

I say for experiences sake, do it. I didn't learn anything about the potential of these bikes until I read and got my hands dirty with a dremel. Made some mistakes along the way too, but how else do you learn?everyone has to start somewhere. Read graham bells book in the wiki,, it'll help

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account