metra 65 exhaust

i searched forum, found a bit on the 80 kit, but not the 65 metrakit.

i'm wondering what exhaust you guys use w/ this kit (free spirit), and what results/exhaust mods/other mods, etc, i should expect.

i checked the wiki spreadsheet, too, but i want to hear specifics on details.

thx in advance.

Re: metra 65 exhaust

how about carb?

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

I've ridden a 65 Metra with a Dellorto 15.15 and Bullet pipe before, ran strong and was hitting high 40's/50's for sure. I have a 65 metra with a 17 phgb and derestricted Estoril I have yet to get dialed in properly. Taking a break from it for a little while so I can come back to it fresh.

do a search on puch pipes. There are lots or discussion on puch pipes and everyone has there own opinion

19 phbg, boss, and 210psi absolutely rips...

no other pipe on a mk65 will hit as hard as a 6p.

thx, jeremy. i did, and i actually want to hear the opinions from people.

derek, aberle: how about pipe mods, center stand and pedal issues?

maybe a 6p fits with the stock pedal arms, i dunno i have some random ones on and it didnt fit so i used a freespirit shaft.

The 4P has pedal clearance issues (bend the pipe closer to the frame to remedy this). 6P doesn't have this problem.

I've run a 6P and a Techno Boss on my Puch 65cc Metrakit. I've been equally happy with both. The Boss is a little more snappy, and the 6P has slightly better top end.

boss looks stock, and has no clearance or bolt-up issues, i assume?

The Boss will give you all the pedal clearance you will ever need. The most I had to do for mine was make a mounting bracket. This is on a Magnum that has the tip snapped off of the mounting tab. If it weren't for that I probably could have just used a spacer with a long bolt, instead of a bendy bracket. When you do that, though, you _may_ still have to drill another hole in the exhaust's mounting tab since you want the bolt/spacer to go straight across to the _frame's_ mounting tab (rather than diagonally).

cool-thx. free spirit has more clearance. i sure don't mind doing some mods, but i don't want to depend an entire weekend cutting and welding, and still not being able to use my pedals or centerstand. plus, i want my shit to look pretty stock.

i guess i should have asked, "how do you like boss on your metra 65", as i was already pretty sure i wanted to go w/ that one based on looks.

thx all.

Tyler Jacobson /

i think you will find with the boss and other pipes that the rear mounting tab doesn't line up where it should be on the free spirit.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account