metra 65 exhaust

i searched forum, found a bit on the 80 kit, but not the 65 metrakit.

i'm wondering what exhaust you guys use w/ this kit (free spirit), and what results/exhaust mods/other mods, etc, i should expect.

i checked the wiki spreadsheet, too, but i want to hear specifics on details.

thx in advance.

Re: metra 65 exhaust

how about carb?

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

I've ridden a 65 Metra with a Dellorto 15.15 and Bullet pipe before, ran strong and was hitting high 40's/50's for sure. I have a 65 metra with a 17 phgb and derestricted Estoril I have yet to get dialed in properly. Taking a break from it for a little while so I can come back to it fresh.

do a search on puch pipes. There are lots or discussion on puch pipes and everyone has there own opinion

19 phbg, boss, and 210psi absolutely rips...

no other pipe on a mk65 will hit as hard as a 6p.

thx, jeremy. i did, and i actually want to hear the opinions from people.

derek, aberle: how about pipe mods, center stand and pedal issues?

maybe a 6p fits with the stock pedal arms, i dunno i have some random ones on and it didnt fit so i used a freespirit shaft.

The 4P has pedal clearance issues (bend the pipe closer to the frame to remedy this). 6P doesn't have this problem.

I've run a 6P and a Techno Boss on my Puch 65cc Metrakit. I've been equally happy with both. The Boss is a little more snappy, and the 6P has slightly better top end.

boss looks stock, and has no clearance or bolt-up issues, i assume?

The Boss will give you all the pedal clearance you will ever need. The most I had to do for mine was make a mounting bracket. This is on a Magnum that has the tip snapped off of the mounting tab. If it weren't for that I probably could have just used a spacer with a long bolt, instead of a bendy bracket. When you do that, though, you _may_ still have to drill another hole in the exhaust's mounting tab since you want the bolt/spacer to go straight across to the _frame's_ mounting tab (rather than diagonally).

cool-thx. free spirit has more clearance. i sure don't mind doing some mods, but i don't want to depend an entire weekend cutting and welding, and still not being able to use my pedals or centerstand. plus, i want my shit to look pretty stock.

i guess i should have asked, "how do you like boss on your metra 65", as i was already pretty sure i wanted to go w/ that one based on looks.

thx all.

Tyler Jacobson /

i think you will find with the boss and other pipes that the rear mounting tab doesn't line up where it should be on the free spirit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account