polini kit

why in the heck is the 64cc polini kit so expensive??? can somebody explain to me what makes it SOOO much better than all the other kits?? or is it just overrated? Like i mean you'll run accross the metrakits at around $150 then like airsal at like $110, then maybe an athena at $170...but then you run into the polini at almost $300 buks!! why????

Re: polini kit

Look at the detailed pictures.. gaze upon the porting and the piston... read the description. If you can't figure out why it's expensive, it's not the kit for you anyway.

It does take some moped mastery to get more than 500 miles out of a Polini. There is a lot of inexperienced mechanics in the moped scene and Polini has profited mightily. Try a K-Star for a first kit-or airsal. Still lots of thrills

roadent$ craig /

ive lost track of the miles ive put on my polini. but its my daily driver and pleasure ped. the only issues im running into is my rear swingarm and axle/bearings. all you have to keep in mind is not to go mental with it, and good oil. polini was and is my first kit. ive never seized anything yet.

the polini 64 cc should be about 225 or so on the cost. the athena is about 175 but the intake is better on the athena the polini porting is nicer than the athena.. for a non reed valve the airsal is a good choice especially for 100 bucks.

there is the gila 47mm and that kit is now out there and not so high priced

i paid 250 for my polini and then 80 for my 4 petal intake

Pablo Puchasso /

you're not Max!!

polini for the win.

super ripper forever.

bolt on and blast

It's a torquester rocket blaster.

The cost and sensitivity of my Polini holds me responsible to my thorough understanding of every decision I make that plays along with it's functioning. So in short, my Polini keeps me honest and researched.

Besides, Polini stickers are way cooler than metrakit stickers!

newbs will never respect the polini kit, properly set up its the best puch kit there is max.

also moped parts are on the whole under priced due to relatively recent changes in the retail market. If you look at any other motorsport parts are significantly more expensive. the moped parts biz is a bad one to be in.

polini kits that are actually made in italy can't be manufactured and sold for much less, unlike chinese made stuff like dmp, k/star, etc. The polini kit doesn't cut corners like most other kits it has a designated piston design that comes in 4 sizes, innovative porting that was developed specifically for the e50 style motors and mopeds, and comes with the intake and reeds. Most other kits use pistons and additional parts sourced from other lower quality manufacturers to save costs meaning they are never truly designed for that cylinder, its compromise that works but is not optimal for performance often but usually more reliable if not properly setup and run.

I wish more companies would produce moped ktis of this caliber.

Creatures have gotten so much power outta Polini in the past years. Elliot has blasted plenty of 80cc kits on his Polini. My Polini ZA50 setup is the most fun to ride bike I've put together.

i got a polini for my first kit. and i'll admit, i was a newb. it probably wasn't the best decision at the time, but it has since paid off. after 2 pistons and 6 months of work, this thing is dialed. sometimes i feel like its going to kick me off. i have never even gotten it to full speed. i always get nervous at 45mph and back off. if you have the patience, and a few extra bucks, it's worth it.

Same here, did alot of reading and got polini as my first kit.

the bad: lots to learn

the good: i learned ALOT of shit. now I'm pretty good all around at messing with e50s.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Polini was my first kit. I went like 55-60 my first night on it. Mopeds were never the same. THey are solid kits, I've only soft seized one, and that cylinder/piston is better than ever. Rock solid. Polini makes good cylinders, they just have little issues, but once everything is dialed and sealed, they rip and are reliable.

Elliot and Rafter, two endorsements you can take to the bank.

polini kit

So, I have my Polini Kit commin for my ZA50;

any advice ? It's gonna be my daily driver.

watch the take apart vid a few times and do not lose your shims.

The wiki is soooo helpful. read it and read it again just before you go to work on the ZA50.

As far as I've seen you got to do some serious porting to get the power to the engine

Buy some PAZ pucks.

files are better than dremels

1 tender and juicy nug of advice

put your polini gasket on your case, trace it onto the inside of the case on the top where those two little humps are in the gasket. ramp them! suffer the joy if you don't

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account