Puch engined Manet Korado

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a Manet Korado for the missus and the max speed is 25mph as stated on vin plate.

The ped runs well but dies on full throttle, pushing the choke down (0n) seems to help

Is there any way I could squeeze a little more out of it without major surgery.

Regards

Gary

Re: Puch engined Manet Korado

Air leak

sounds like you have a bit of an issue. though what holds back those korado's is the pipe. its very restrictive.

Cheers Dan and Fishsticks,

Unfortunately the pipe is totally sealed on this model, so I assume there is no qick fix there?

I would have preffered to keep the looks original.

I did consider it may be running lean so I checked the carb gasket etc, I then thought a larger needle jet may help, but if the exhaust is so restrictive am I right in assuming this would not help?

Best Regards

Gary

Yes the pipe is the main restriction. I am using a modified magnum pipe as it is already bent to match the angled exhaust port. The korado is capable of speeds over 40mph with the right parts. But just with a change of pipe and upjet you can easily do over 30mph.

Mine is doing above 35mph with the Boss pipe. Low end can be better but the top end was awesome.What can I do to improve the low end? I know that the Boss pipe improves the top end and the Korado has a lot of top anyways.

I also took all the plastics out and put on a low rise bar. Looks sick now but I have my cables long because of the bar switch. I left the front and rear fenders though.

I need help with mine too.. I might try those blue springs on the clutch.

Your Korado should already have the blue springs on a three shoe clutch along with a lightened clutch basket and a roller crank. You could adjust the springs to let it rev out a bit before grabbing

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account