Re: Honda Express

stevemke /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Reeds are another good suggestion! I put a set of the 2-stage Boyesen's on a friend's express not that long ago, WICKED!!! Way better than those flimsy metal pieces of junk that are stock. the reeds are on a "reed block" between your intake and case. They're not the easiest thing to get to, but if you disconnect the rear shock you should be able to get to them without much of a problem. Took me about an hour to do. breaking the screws free without stripping / breaking heads off of them was the worst part. had to drill and easy-out one that the screw head stripped on.

19mm refers to the carb's size, not the jet. don't totally cheap out on a carb, you get what you pay for. expect to pay at least like $60 for a new carb. if you want you could try the OKO (which is more or less a Mikuni) but I think the smallest size treats has is 21mm. I have one and WOW, it's big, a real MONSTER!! Otherwise, if you're brave, you could try the 15mm Bing, you lose your thumb cable choke thingy though. If you're a newbie, a SHA or Bing would probably be your best bet, the PHBG & OKO have lots of tuning possibilities but may be hard to dial in. your intake manifold will probably limit your carb's size / efficiency though.

Check the Wiki and tuning spreadsheet, they've got lots of useful information about carbs, pipes, reeds, repairs, tuning, and what other people's results have been.

@Rick, that's actually not mine. I just found it as a reference. I agree, that's pretty nasty looking, my swinger is nice & shiny!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account