6203 NR vs. 6203 ST

I bought a 6203 NR for my top crankshaft. Then someone said i need the 6203 ST

I called my local bearing sales guy to see what it is, if he had them and he just said they are the same thing... i dont trust him.

anyone know what the difference is? i need some facts.

Re: 6203 NR vs. 6203 ST

Im not sure what the difference is but the NR is the snap ring bearing which is exactly what you want. Assuming you are rebuilding and e50.

oops. i wasn't aware the top cranks use the ST bearing. hmmmm....

I might be wrong but I think they are slightly different widths, like fractions of a mm different. I've built 2 top cranks with st bearings and all clips and shims fit perfect.

the inner race is 1mm shorter on the ST, on one side.. otherwise the dimensions are identical. make sure you put the side with the shortened race facing the crank counterweight.

benji sells the right bearing for this crank!

http://www.treatland.tv/6203-ST-bearing-top-crankshafts-p/puch-bearing-6203-st-top.htm

haha through friend network im pretty sure you're the one who told me to get the st peter... i prob could have just followed up but thats complicated.

out of stock. boooo. sadness.

yeah, i got one for my mek eur crank, which is Italian and probably like the top, i don't know! anyways, the inner race is a bit smaller like Peter said so you can fit your circlip on. it also seems to be a butt hair bigger on the ID!! cuz I could push it on by hand. this is probably bad right? I'm going for it, fuck it, its still snug and stays in place! I think sanding the circlip and shimming is wonky too!!

erin, the dude at the bearing shop is correct when he says the dimensions are the same.. however he probably doesnt measure the inner race depth. every other dimension is identical.

go back to the bearing shop and get one, i think it will work!

Just to add it to the record, Korado cranks (at least the 2 that i've seen) also use the 6203 ST bearings with the shorter inner race.

Can't find a ST anywhere so i had to mill down the inner race of a 6203 NR to get it to fit. I hope it doesn't fuck it up...

I'm trying to track these down through a local bearing supply house. I'll keep ya posted. Anyone have a brand/manufacturers name for any st bearings?

check lawnmower repair shops, sometimes they are used in the front wheels of rideon tractors. i used them myself. but i cant remember if it NR of ST. i only charged like $15- $16aud a piece and that was with %100 per cent mark up too. certainly not $28us. they are the same price as normal 6203zz or 2rs. dont be fooled

isn*t NR and ST rubber seal and steel seal

rs = one rubber seal

2rs = two rubber seals

z = one metal shield

zz = two metal shields

thanks seb

that explains why i could not get the bearing to fit right on my korado

you should wiki that.

Ooooh korado why u plague me so? Just rebuilt a korado crank. Even using the new st bearing, I have to get a different (thinner) shim. Binds hard reusing old shims and circlips. Bearing is fully seated against inner circlip.Uses the smaller oil seal too on the clutch side. Also while im bitching about the korado, what the fuck is up with the bearing on the final drive gear?? It's a 6203 with milled corners as there's a lip on the cases itself. Regular old 6203 wont work in my cases. Boooooo!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account