carb help please!!

jason /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

1976, I think, Yamaha chappy. I got this thing running after 15 years of sitting in grandpa's barn. Turns out, the coil wire was cut in two. Its running now but not correctly. It seemed like it would idle, but sputtered when giving it throttle. Well I discovered that if I plug a hose coming off of the carb, it runs real good. Just wondering what I am actually doing? Am I causing it to run to lean, leading to damage, or can I plug that hose and ride the heck out of it?.........I have gone through the carb, petcock, cleaned gas and oil tank, all hoses are new. the only thing I am not sure of would be the float setting in the carb, I didn't change that at all, but it seemed to shut the fuel flow off when the float was all the way up. It seems to function correctly, I am just unsure of where to adjust the float level, if I even need to at all. could this also be part of the problem?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  carb help please!!Topic by: jason jason 06/03/09 09:22PM
  Re: carb help please!!Re: jason jason 06/03/09 11:09PM
  Re: carb help please!!Re: kim jensen kim jensen 06/09/09 02:34AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account