15 PHBG on stock pa50II cylinder w/pipe?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Anyone done this? Stock cylinder, boyesen dual reeds, and a polini knockoff pipe. Any advice on jetting?

I know, I know, I'm asking the dreaded old jet question, but this is my first not-puch and I have no idea what range to start in for a honda.

Re: 15 PHBG on stock pa50II cylinder w/pipe?

happyhappychappychappy /

Have you tried slapping it on and seeing how it runs? Hopefully it will at least fire up, and then maybe you can tell where you need to go from there. I know jetting is more of a pain on the Honda, but I don't know of a solution to that.

Probably night and day, but on my Chappy with a PHBG 15 I ended up with a 65 on the stock pipe, which is pretty big but not a good chamber. The 70 that came in the carb sort of ran, but only with no filter.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Gonna start playing with it tonight, so I was just looking for some guidance. I suppose if no one gives any suggestion, I'll have to experiment.

I did search and check the tuning spreadsheet...nothing for a PHBG on a stock cylinder.

you should get more bottom end.

i've run a 15 phbg on my stock sebring, port matches intake and exhaust to my zen pipe. hi flow filter and hi comp head...

bottom end shot up, but you need to pair that with a pipe. phbg allowed me to tune it more accurately to the powerband... dont forget to look at your gearing too

dont know what youre shooting for...

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

It's a hobbit...variated.

Just looking for jets that will not have this thing too rich or lean. And to not have to deal with a dirty bastard keihin anymore.

DUde im telling you thoes Hobbits are NOT PICKEY on jetting, its ok, I understand your still shell shocked from other mopeds, but even if your 5 jet sizes off it will still run...

Ive had a 90-105 in my set up, and it ran well on all of em', allbeit some four stroking on down hills for too rich etc...but yeah, no where near as picky as other bikes...just bring that bitch over tonite, it WILL RUN!

on a hobbit? anywhere between like 70 and 90 will probably be fine.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Schweet. Thanks dudes. Need to hack on the airbox in the subframe to get an PHBG with a filter to fit... And the intake shim on my clamp-on 15mm is too thick for the intake. Need to do some shavin'.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account