e50 clutch question

so i have my clutch tuned up right about where i want it. it revs up and grabs great, when the engine is cold. however, when the engine gets hot it slips way too much and i lose low end. the fluid level is right about where it is supposed to be, and i am afraid to drain any.

thoughts on this? anyone had this problem before that might want to weigh in on this topic?

Re: e50 clutch question

puch manual calls for 6 ounces about. what are you using for fluid?

i have about 6 ounces of castrol type F.

This happens to me, perfecto, until I climb a large hill, I either get up it super solid, or it starts giving on me halfway. eitherway, it won't act right again for a couple seconds of letting it chill.

i'm thinking maybe its the fluid. any reccomendations that dont require me waiting a week while it gets shipped to me?

a geographical anomoly, 1 week from everywhere. where are you? I guess tune it back a little until new fluid comes?

Motul Transoil Synthetic.

use. it.

ive found that 80 weight gear oil works fairly well, as its thicker than atf. usually whatever oil i have lying around i use. 20 weight doesnt really work that well. you could also cut some "v" notches in the pads to help flow the fluid better.

nice reference, i havent thought about that movie in a while.

anyways.. everyone suggests the motul transoil. but i have conveniently forgotten to order it the last two orders. so.. anything that is widely available that you might suggest? i dont normally work with the wet clutches, so forgive these questions.

exactly.

and motul oil works wonders. it really is wrth the buy. but i would use some 80 weight while waiting for it.

what set up are you running?

i was just thinking, with a high rpm set up, you might be dragging a shoe.

65 metrakit/21mil phbg/unrestricted estoril

Atlanta Cycles in ATL might have some of the motul stuff dude i'll ask em tomarrow if ya want dude.

please do, that would rule.

i'm trying out some of peters super secret blasting clutch juice tomorrow. we'll see how that works out.

Pablo Puchasso /

Jeff at Choke SWEARS by Mobil 0w5 oil. I don't like that much slip but you need something that is close the same viscocity (sp?) when heated. Use that and tune your clutch around it... you can rev out like crazy.

we use mobil 1 5w20 or 0w20 oil at 1977. shit is tits.

how did it go from tranny fluid to another oil thread?

anyway, motul 800 double ester. it's the shit.

i use the motul 800 double ester, i need tranny fluid though. thanks everyone, at least now i have a couple options i am going to try out.

no groms no blasters /

shit isn't tits. shit is shit!

slip is good. makes you go fast.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account