how to make my sprint go 50 mph!!

ive had my sprint for a year now and i really want to make to make the thing go 50 or faster without messing the bike up what should i do and buy i already have a uni pod air filter and i need to up jet the carb some1 help me !!!!!

Re: how to make my sprint go 50 mph!!

a bigger carb, a pipe, smaller rear sprocket.. bigger front sprocket, up-jet accordingly like you mentioned and you would probably need a kit to hit that 50 mph oh FYI you acceleration will get worse if you gear it for a higher top end. enjoy!

put a 53-57 jet in.

Conrad Conrad /

Upjetting is simple.

1) Turn off your gas by moving the petcock to horizontal position. It's on the left side of the Sprint.

2) Loosen the metal clasp thingy that holds your carb to your intake and pull the carb off, might have to jiggle it.

3) You can keep the throttle cable and fuel line attached. There should be 2 screws on the bottom. Go ahead and loosen them.

NOTE: Gas will pour out, but only the gas that was in the bowl. If you didn't turn your petcock off it will continue to spill.

4) The middle screw looking thing is your jet. Remove it with a flathead and put your new one.

From there just reverse directions and remember to turn your petcock back on or else you'll stop half way down the street.

you can get close with out a kit but it will all need to br just right

get a biturbo and move to jersey then youll do like 60+

happyhappychappychappy /

Have you taken anything apart on the bike before? If you don't know how to upjet, you should definitely at least take your carb apart and thoroughly clean it just for practice. It helps you know how all that stuff works. Do all your basic maintenance before trying to go fast, and then you'll get an idea of how to make stuff better.

Skim through the two 2-stroke tuning PDFs in the Wiki. They're wordy and deal more specifically with racing bikes, and some of the stuff is over my head, but they'll give you a lot better basis for tuning than just posting HELP ME.

what is up with the jersey thing....... try pineapple juice

King Drunky JCams /
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account