intake bigger then carb.. problem ?

would this cause a problem, made an intake for the 24vmm minn, but its about 22-23 mm ID just got the 19 phbg cut the flange off the intake and hosed clamped it up...wont idle, on runs if i WOT in for the start and then it takes a min to get the rpms up, but still wont idle at all.. jets, 40 idle, un-known piolt(i think) and a 91 main just to get it going. once i get it going it runs ok at the top end , and i'm rich as fuck, i ave the needle at the leanist,the plug is black.... sooooo, it should still idle, or at least kinda idle, but nothing.. help me....

Re: intake bigger then carb.. problem ?

what kit you got it on? if it's all richy rich it can't be an airleak right? is it burnt black or just wet? sounds screwy.

k-star kit..

I had a really hard time trying to make sense of what you said, but to answer your question: it's totally fine to have a bigger intake ID than carb ID. How do I know? I run an intake with an 18mm ID with a 16mm PHBG with no problems at all....andddd it's FAST :)

No ideal, but it should not be a problem to have your intake a larger diameter than your carb. The bigger issue is where the intake connects to intake port. Those should be matched as close as possible. If they are not matched, then you create a vortex, which slows the air/fuel flow.

You are jetting wrong. You said your black. You are rich. Either you are so rich it will not idle. Or you have an air leak.

thanks guys, i think there is an air leak at the intake to cylinder,,, the puch header flange was warped..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account