BMX Wheels on Moped?

I was wondering if using the bicycle motor kit sprocket setup and a BMX wheel would work on a moped... I have no idea what the torque comparison is between motors, but the idea of an easy rim replacement sounds good.

Re: BMX Wheels on Moped?

brakes

be a bad ass and use the regular bike brakes on it.i would totally rock that shit.

bad ass is one way to describe 500 ft stops.

ya... but... =D lol.... maybe if you were to like line them up around the wheel... give me a minute to MS Paint this brilliant idea of mine...

see how it has like multiple pads and the mounting bracket fender thing? lol i think just getting a replacement wheel would be safer and easier. but this would be just bad ass. lol

sweet pegs dude*

I don't know, I was thinking more along the lines of disc brakes, since people have modded them before to work on moped wheels...

lol but bike brakes would be so rad! im going to build that one day, and you all are going to be envious of me and my epic 30-0 in 100 feet stopping times.

Conrad Conrad /

what about a mountain bike wheel? Can't you get disk brakes for those?

It's a really really really dumb idea.

I wish there was a downgrade my ped forum, instead of performance, so all the chainsaw motored bicycle wheel, bicycle brake moped threads could be transferred over there.

Mountain bikes have disc brakes.

Bicycle brakes (non-disc) would work fine and perhaps stop you faster than drums, but would also wear down the pads and rims in a matter of hours.

This is what I did: The front wheel I built myself using an Alex DX32 bicycle rim, 14 ga spokes, and a Shimano disc brake hub. The rear wheel I had built for me by The Wheelmaster in Auburn, Washington. The rear uses the stock Puch hub, an Alex rim, and custom made 9 ga spokes. The tires are Sava 2.25x16 MC2's I bought from Tomos.

The result is lighter, stronger wheels with better brakes in front.

Very pretty

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account