Derbi break in

I finally got a chance to take the new derbi out for a ride. I have been starting it on the stand and letting it warm up for a pre break in. I started it tonight let it warm up and started going around the block and the pickup is insane. Never felt that much power from a moped. About half way around it makes a weird pfffffft discharge noise stalls then starts right back up like nothing happened. Is my decompression valve not adjusted and could it be leaking.

It has a new Metra 65 with a 16mm Dellorto PHBG Zen pipe and a TJT setup

Dan

Re: Derbi break in

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

just curious, did you go cast iron? Derbis are awesome, but i'm not sure why its stalling. Make sure the decomp is adjusted properly

It's not the cast iron kit. Whats the best way to set the decompression?

Mine did that when the condenser went bad.

Are you running flat / pyramid / or piston port? And just curious what jet do you have in there?

Flat reed nikasil kits come in 65 and 75 zack.

I doubt the decomp has anything to do with it. Just leave a little slack in the cable and it will be fine.

Mike is right, check your ignition system.

Flat reed I think its an 84 jet

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

yea vic, there's three cylinders, one cast iron and 2 nikasil. I've been eying the cast iron for my herbi build, but thats off topic here.

Campeona Del Mundo

to big of a plug or point gap

Going to upjet, the plug was just a little to lean then reset the plug gap. Are the condensors the same as Puch?

just run an external condenser from napa.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account