vespa variated clutch

Hey, has any body ever had any issues along the lines of clutch slipping? what is the best way to give the clutch pads more grip? roughening? slotting? drilling? What hasworkedforyou guys?

Re: vespa variated clutch

how about new clutch pads

you could scuff them up. use aluminum oxide sand paper and break cleaner NOT Silica sand paper or carb cleaner

whats the difference betwen aluminum oxide and silica sand paper?

sigh

clutch slipping = fast.

silica is slippery.

Blasto, if the variator is tuned right, how would clutch slip= fast?

well i've got a new set of starting and running clutch pads on the way from zippy. debating on whether or not to get springs. what is the impact on stiffer/ softer springs?

earlier or later clutch engagement. I wouldn't really worry about those springs, tuning the variator is more important. you decide to get them make sure you get the right ones. One speed clutch springs and variated ones are different.

ok thanks. for a high powerband do i want later or earlier engagement?

if the clutch grabs later you would need lighter weights in the variator so that it doesn't variate before the clutch grabs. Other wise your just loosing your low range. that's why I said don't sweat it, you can make it plenty quick with the stock springs and proper variator tuning. Rufus runs stock clutch springs on his stupid fast 90cc ciao. you can to.

ok, thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account