Advantages of lowering my Magnum.

So I was thinking about putting maxi length ebr's and maxi length rear shocks on my magnum. for those that have done this, does in help the handling.

Re: Advantages of lowering my Magnum.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

I haven't done it, but Maxi EBRs, or ebrs in general are poop. Lower your hydraulic forks instead, much better idea.

How would I go about doing that?

and you right much better idea.

im curious of this too

in general, the lower the bike the lower your center of gravity and the less chance of high siding. but you can low side easier if youre not careful. trick is balance, not just looks. all i know is the taller the bike ( i know, i have 320mm shocks on a tomos, 280mm stock) the weight on top (you) has to travel in a longer arc to lean the bike, so youll turn faster at times of good lean.

being a biker too is fun.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

switch the lower springs on the piston inside your forks. You currently have a tall one on the very bottom (from bottom: short spring->Piston->shorter spring->Big main spring->top). If you put the shortest spring on the bottom the bike will be a tad lower.

I havent torn into that fork in particular but I have modified a lot of forks for motorcycles and bikes. easiest way to lower a fork is remove the amount you want to lower from your main spring. then make a spacer to extend your top-out spring the same amount + .25in.

Example: If you want to lower you fork 1in

Cut 1in from your main spring

Make a spacer to extend your top-out spring 1.25in.

*reassemble

Piece of cake, works great.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Bingo. I've got little spacers on mine to actually stiffen them up a tad.

i have had both and i love my normal sized magnum better, it feels beefier and more stable, maybe thats just me

i love low bikes, i went mini. i like it so much better, you can really whip the bike around with your hips without all the height and weight of the dro

i like the lower center of gravity. it gives more stability but also make the bike more responsive.

if you lower it, you might want shorter pedal arms. you would have to be perfectly straight to pedal!! I instantly went back to normal height, way better!!

i hope yo're not tall, cause maxi height magnums make avg. height people look like giants. the bike looks sick but it might only stand halfway up your thigh if you're int he 5'10-6' range

I am 5'10 but I don't think I am going to do this.

my free spirit is up to my thighs and im 5'4 ha...minimini

yeah theres like 6 inches between my nuts and seat when im standing

you are probably going to get way more pussy by lowering your magnum

mini magnum ftw...but maybe that is because I am 5' tall. I think big bros look good on small bikes too though

But yeah you need to get smaller italian or tomos pedal arms, every time I rode with the mag pedal arms I was terrified they'd clip on a turn and I'd bail.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account