No pipe = Screaming fast!

I am just looking for some general feedback...

I am running a fairly stock puch maxi with a 62 jet and a biturbo exhaust. The ped can get up to about 25 with the pipe on, but if I take the pipe off acceleration is MUCH better and I can get up past 35.

Thoughts on what I am doing wrong here. I recognize running without an exhaust is a bad idea, any safe ways I can get it up to speed by modifying the biturbo I have on there?

Thanks,

Bill

Re: No pipe = Screaming fast!

Is your exhaust plugged up?

do some plug chops. running with no exhaust really leans out the engine and might be why it goes so fast.

Thanks - Ill check the pipe to see if it is clogged and also go get some plugs and do some chops.

enjoy your noise citation

62 bing or dellorto jet?

62 Bing.... 12mm (i think?)

buy smaller jets work your way down. look up plug chop in the wiki. keep the exhaust on unless you think your cylinder would make a nice paper weight.

remember, don't run it to long or hard with no exhaust. you will blow your top end. I know from experience

haha, i took the baffle and shroud(?) off the other day and just had the looong pipe going back, damn that thing was loud but cool!!!!

i liked it but i didnt get it up to full tilt. it did feel peppier.

how old is the bi turbo?

the baffel fiber filling may need to be replase of removed.

if it were mine, I'd remove it and jam the end cap back on there, I do love loud epa rule breaking pipes.

Yeah, ny tomos biturbo has the stuffing out. I got bored and the spring clip was half off anyway so I took it out and cleaned the pipe, pulled out all that junk. Didn't seem any louder tho.

Kinda new to this two-stroke stuff. what is the baffle for? is it needed?

nobody knows what it's for... that's why they call it a "baffle"; it's baffling.

im baffled.

this post wins

The baffle is just there to reduce noise. No performance gains can be expected from removing it.

hahaha

Way to act guys....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account