Puch maxi tuning (need suggestions)

hi every one i've got an old Maxi running pretty well. every thing is stock. What would be a good start to tuning it up without changing the whole carb intake or Cylinder? I was thinking mabey bigger main jet and muffler and a proformance air filter. Any suggestions? Whats a good muffler to buy and with what jet usually?

Re: Puch maxi tuning (need suggestions)

I think that your thinking is on the right track. The three cheapest performance exhausts are the Tecno Bullet, the Tecno Boss, and the Proma GP. They all have their pros and cons and people who like them or don't like them. I honestly don't think you'll go wrong with any of them, but if you want to read specific review of each, you'll have to do some searching (try here and on the gen forum).

On the jet, what size do you have now? If you have a 60 now, I'd buy 62, 64, 66, and 68. Start with the 68 and work your way down if you're rich. Basically, just buy a few sizes up from what you currently have. You can also check the spreadsheet and see what other people with similar setups are running.

yes, that is a VERY good starting point right there, youll be surprised at how much of a difference a good pipe makes.

i personally like the proma GP for a stock setup, but the boss is pretty good too. i cant speak on the bullet because i have no experience with one, but in my early days i ran a stock carb with a boss and a hi-flow filter and was hitting mid-30s on the flat.

I have used all 3 and my favorite was the proma gp, followed by the boss and lastly the bullet I am a big guy (6'2" 240) and the proma gp gives you great power in the mid range. The boss gives you great high end, but you have to wind it up to get any benefit. I myself had to fdrop the gearing to get to the sweet spot as far as rpms. Once I dropped my gearing a little lower so I could wind it up faster, the boss kicked in to give me better top speed. I used pretty much the same jet for all 3 pipes with a high flow filter. I have a kit now, so I honestly don't remember what the jet was, but I seem to think 68 with the 12mm carb and hi flow. Hope that helps you in your decisions!

Thanks for the replies. I like the look of the black proma gp, I think that mite be the one for me. Does any one know of a good place to find the proma gp for the cheapest cost? Also I thought i mite mention i have the 14mm carb/intake with the standard jet.

1239676747_dsc00335.jpg

"Welcome to your new favorite shop.": http://www.treatland.tv/default.asp

The Proma GP is out of stock right now, but I'm sure they'll get more if you don't mind waiting a little while. If you're really in a hurry, you could contact them and ask if they know when it'll be back in stock. The black Boss is in stock right now though, if you're digging the black thing and you don't want to wait.

THEY GOT A THING THAT WILL NOTIFY WHEN IT COMES IN STOCK AND SHIPPING IS REALLY FAST, I GOT MY PROMA GP THEIR AND I THINK ITS MADE ID KICK ASS MIDRANGE VILLE BUT BE CARFUL ABOUT ORDERING MOPED PARTS, ONCE YOU START YOU CANT STOP....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account