Polini Cup Race #1 Shit talk thread.

Cuperblasto raced in scooter class.

Cuperteen Matt was riding Zacks Derbi very well all weekend and disappeared from my site off the track at some point never to return. I think next round he will be a top contender.

Jimmy and Jeff were a full lap ahead of everyone. Maybe not Dean and Tony but everyone else. All those guys were really pushing it.

Originally most people thought that Puch's can't hang with all the variated bikes in this race. Alan Squid came in #5 on a maxi ZA50 Polini with a Boss pipe that he rides to his job at the local newspaper every day.

Tommy Freebird rode my wifes maxi during practice to feel out the track for next month and qualified 3rd with the third fastest lap time of the weekend and no practice.

I really think that you could bring any bike out here and do well if you can ride well. The average speed of the track is 35-40 mph. Top speed at this track was looking like 50-55.

I encourage everyone to come race next time. We had about 20 mopeds on the track and more moped spectators than any other event of the weekend.

I would love to see a whole weekend of Moped only racing with three classes and 100 racers.

Labaguardia I'm gonna blast you next time.

Re: Polini Cup Race #1 Shit talk thread.

Pablo Puchasso /

Going into this Jeff was encouraging everyone in LA with any kind of fast bike to come race. After having seen the races yesterday, I really want to take him up on it... though I would be blasted terribly. Looks like so much fun though.

Tommy Latebird @ SaraSquid /

I am out for blood.

Who crashed and how many times

What were the setups of the Placing bikes.

what happened to your Hobbigrande? or did you race it in the 2nd race?

fast riders not fast bikes!

fast bikes help but if you aren't willing to take a corner at way to fast you won't win even with the fastest bike

Midlife Crisis Alan /

That LaBurgeria guy rides like a total prick.

I'm not bringing my daily rider next time. I'm with tommy, out for blood. Consistency blood.

2nd race is when it gets srs bnz.

What broke on Jimmy's bike on the last corner in heat 2? That was an epic battle...

sounds wild!

Hey man, my scooter is fast....

...i got to get faster.

o wonted to go so bad but hade to work neek time LBN will be their and killing it

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Cuperteens derbi tech failed its initial test. 2 soft seizes, 1 frozen crank. Matt did an amazing job on my bike up until it skid seized on him the 8th lap of the 1st heat. He was holding third and easily would have finished their had the bike held together.

Jeff and Jimmy destroyed everyone, amazing riding by each.

I really want to see a 50cc class next time so there aren't so many riders out on the track at once. There were 17 bikes in the sunday qualifying, 5 more than polini promised per heat. Kinda dangerous, and a bit lame as there were more mopeds and moped spectators than anyone else. Multiple classes would be nice like the 4 quad guys get.

Cuperteens will be back out next time with some more derbi action, and hopefully bikes that can survive the abuse. Its going to be even hotter next time. I hope I'm on the track.

I think just about everyone went down at least once. Matt went down twice, tom once, elliot twice, Jimmy once, Dan once (maybe twice), Round once, and I'm sure others did that I didn't see. Most slideouts were on the big right. No one got hurt which was great.

nobody shot video?

moped tv (harold) has epic video of the event

http://www.1977mopeds.com/blog

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

I rode sunday on a stock derbi cylinder, tjt variator, and 4p. Was able to keep her at average it at around 32-33 and piss people off with my blocking. If there wasn't a straight i think i could hold my own. Next time we are bringing more bikes more riders maybe some shake and bake action. Actually definately some shake and bake action. Bring your bike and ride, it was so much fun even stock.

someone should do a crazy e-50 setup for fun. 14-45gearing, major clutch work(7,000rpm or more), estoril or similar(derestricted) on a gilardoni/metra(mild port work) @ 200psi. this should have some major torque. and possibly get you in the 45-50'smph...

i have done it and will hopefully be doing it again if i get my hand on an e50.

it was with a kstar.

my wife and i watched the moped main on 1977's site and we were so stoked to see jeff win. it was better than rooting for the dodgers if you're from LA! anyways. i won't be competing any time soon but damn i WILL be attending the next race. looked too fun to miss.

LA FTW.

Cant wait to hear what jeff has to say tomorrow. This sounds way to fun not to do.

most of my experience is with e50s

so with thinking from that what does an e50 really have to have or be doing to keep up lets say with the the winning variant bikes or whatever.

keep in mind this is the bike and not the rider part.

^gearing and clutch work and tires

i've had e50s that could do it. maybe i'll bring it back to life..

there were cuperteens at this event? didnt see them.

I'm just happy to hear TREATS and CHOKE tied for first in points or so I heard. hmm. i'm so proud of the head of our shipping dept. score jimmy, score jeff. ripppppppers. oh yeah dean too, hahahah my lil love.

after seeing my little motron Dust some folk in LA I might do it again birch trees hah!

"are you on the hd?!"

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

so I guess derbi will be rebuilt, and we have another fun little project that will probably get dusted, but be super fun to ride. Drop a knee!

i have been talking to the cuperteens and i am really excited about mopeds again.

I have been talking to the guys at work and we are still in the preliminary, but we are most likely going to have some moped class changes.

If there is going to be more mopeds(which would be awesome).

We are going to have a 50cc class, an 70cc open, and also an open open, like the pocket bike guys,

Cuperteens have some 50cc wanna racer super bike biuilds in the plans.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account