Re: motul 2stroke oil

Eric P /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I like running lots of oil in my kits. It helps lube things up a little more, and I've never seized an engine, so it must work. My reasoning is that a two stroke chainsaw will run at a high rpm for hours on end running 32:1, so so should my bike. I always have gas mixed for my chainsaw (I burn wood in the winter and cut wood all year long) and it's easy just to throw premixed gas into my bike and go. I won't run 32:1 in a stock bike, but a kitted bike is different.

You won't run lean like most people think if you tune the engine while running an oil rich mixture. The problem people run into is that they run 50:1 then switch to 40:1 and they run lean. I need to decarbonize my exhausts more often, but I polish my pistons, combustion chambers, and exhaust ports to a mirror finish, so I really don't have to worry about any carbon buildup there.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account