motul 2stroke oil

so i got me some special oil. i usually try to run something above weird convenience store brands. i usually use super s or pennzoil. i mix 4 puch maxi gas cap measuring cups per gallon of premium gasoline. what do you think about that? what do you do?

and now having some motul, can i go down to, say, 3 1/4? my bikes all have over 170 psi of comp and i would like it to stay that way. but go faster. just a....tad.

Re: motul 2stroke oil

I've never used my puch gas cap measuring cups. Do you know how many cups are needed to mix 32:1 in a maxi gas tank? It would be nice to know if I ever run out of gas with no premix on hand.

i don't know the ratio but the puch manual says to put 4 gas caps per gallon, when i'm out i get 1/2 gallon and put 2 cups in.

probably too much

3.2 oz of oil per gallon(40:1) does the trick for just about any bike.

Eric,what is your reasoning to mix 32:1 in a maxi?

I like running lots of oil in my kits. It helps lube things up a little more, and I've never seized an engine, so it must work. My reasoning is that a two stroke chainsaw will run at a high rpm for hours on end running 32:1, so so should my bike. I always have gas mixed for my chainsaw (I burn wood in the winter and cut wood all year long) and it's easy just to throw premixed gas into my bike and go. I won't run 32:1 in a stock bike, but a kitted bike is different.

You won't run lean like most people think if you tune the engine while running an oil rich mixture. The problem people run into is that they run 50:1 then switch to 40:1 and they run lean. I need to decarbonize my exhausts more often, but I polish my pistons, combustion chambers, and exhaust ports to a mirror finish, so I really don't have to worry about any carbon buildup there.

idk abt that. i prvsly mixed at 40:1 and decided to start running 60:1 ran two tanks at 50:1 prior to 60:1 and have had no problems (even at full throttle and wot). if anything, my bike runs better with the 21mm, 64cc polini boss setup, nrrw point gap and a cple other moddies.

i used to run 40:1 on my kit but noticed a thick caking of excess oil coming out of my exhaust pipe..... after changing to 50:1 the oil caking went away and i found the bike to have a little bit more power...... running less oil i believe reduces the heat created by the motor....... reason being that oil has a higher burn temp than the fuel...... ive got over 2k miles on my airsal 70cc and still running strong on 50:1

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account