Parma 50 Portmap with measurements

In case anyone cares, or wanted to know. 50cc Parma kit

I was working on it and decided to measure it out for reference.

! http://westseattleryan.wordpress.com/files/2009/03/100_0667.jpg" ; alt="100_0667" title="100_0667" width="420" height="630" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-218!

The front of the exhaust port is 32mm from the top of the cylinder 14.5mm x 27mm wide

The back of the intake port is 20mm from the back of the cylinder skirt 13mm x 25mm wide

Boost port in front of that is spaced 2mm forward of the intake port and is 18mm x 14m wide

All the side ports are 11mm x 13mm wide

Re: Parma 50 Portmap with measurements

Fail

That's pretty good, you should add the kit and map to the wiki page

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_Cylinder_Information

is the skirt the same length as a stock/magnum cylinder? if not then what is the distance from the top of the cylinder to the top of the intake windows? I might try this port map on an old Magnum cylinder but if the skirts are different basing the measurements off the skirt will throw off the intakes.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thanks Ryan! That fucking ROCKS. More 50cc kit info for scheming minds. Oh, do you have any pictures of the kit itself for the section in the wiki? If not that's cool, but I was just curiouso.

This is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to measure all that!

There's now an entry for this in the wiki. If any of you know any more information than what's already there, please feel free to add it (or just write it here and I'll put it in there for you). For now I've just linked externally to the port map. If you don't mind me uploading the image then I'll do that just to have it saved permanently on the wiki, but it should work fine the way it is too.

< http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_Cylinder_Information#Parmakit_50cc> ;

Here's a port map for a Puch #33 Hi Torque cylinder. Numbers to the top are adjusted to tdc to make port duration math work. Add ~1mm to get top of the cylinder. TDC numbers work a hell of a lot better when working down the numbers though. I think there might be a lot of minor timing errors coming from straight cylinder measurements with no squish. I spent two days working on formulas that I knew worked on this cylinder vs. my measurements, and could only get the results I knew were right by adjusting to TDC.

Also Linda, here is a related one, Garelli NOI Polini kit portmap.

Measurements are to top of cylinder here, not TDC. Given the 39mm stroke and the port floors at 40mm, I'd guess ~1mm squish to top of cylinder, but I haven't done and work beyond making the initial measurements.

I dont know how to upload images on the wiki

But I will add some more info

prodrigues,

Skirt length is the same, overall length including skirt is the same.

Distance from the skirt to the back of the intake is 20mm

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account