Re: 19 PHBG boggy on take off, shitty idle

With this carb you can make adjustments to all throttle positions, so I'm not worried about the idle jet leaning out my top end... I may advance my timing to see what it does... But I would rather not if it isn't necessary. Plus I have jets on the way.

It could certainly use a new condenser. Never thought about that being the issue... I'll go that route if the smaller jets don't work out...

I'm thinking this: Most two stroke bikes that come with a 19mm dellorto are probably 125cc or so. So it wouldn't surprise me that the stock idle jet might be too large for a moped with a 70 or 80cc kit... But then I see lots of moped peeps running 45's, 48's and even 50's... The other side of the coin is that I've seen a few running idle jets in the 30's...

Personally I'm not even worried about this kit. I have a Gila.

I am only still using this Airsal to get my PHBG tuning skillz wired before I use it on a 300 dollar Gilardoni kit.

can I bump this thread and ask how you made out with this??

I'm just having a similar issue.

lolz. he had an estoril, thats what the problem was.

40ish is the proper size for idle jets if you have no leaks.

Re: What about the throttle slide cutaway?

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Chris if your port timing has less then 25deg's of blow down.

It can stall the transfer ports at low rpm's and run rich at low rpm's do to back flow of air/fuel mix in the carb.

A weak spark and or less then 17 deg's BTDC of spark timing will give a bog to.

Re: What about the throttle slide cutaway?

i just have the same setup, including an estoril, so was wondering... think i want to ditch the trumpet filter now that i have a backward facing intake.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account