Fake doppler shit!!

So I got 1 doppler clutch pully and 2 Doppler fixed sprocket pulleys. They all came in different packaging and I think some of them are knock offs. I put on the clutch pulley with my bidolot and shreaded the posts that hold the clutch to the belt pulley within 30 miles. I dont have a back up so I pulled the bidolot installed an er3 and a Doppler fixed sprocket pulley and it started to shread. I was like wtf am I a retard? this is not that hard so i took a look at my 2nd Doppler fixed sprocket pulley and the quality is TOTALY better, the packaging on this pulley had a part number from doppler and has nice stainless steel bearing walls. I really think that someone is selling FAKE DOPPLER PARTS. I will post pics soon. I paid for doppler, the differences are subtle but serious. I am going to give my vendor a chance to remedy this prob before I drop any names.

Re: Fake doppler shit!!

whoooooooa duuuuuude!

my clutch pulley is old as dirty and had no packaging. some people talk about getting it on a blank white box?

ya but bro i looked at them side by side, its a different pulley. And the one that came with a doppler part number is way better quality. So either doppler has dropped the ball or the vendor did. I will post pics tomorrow and you will see what I am talking about.

as a dealer for Doppler, i can tell you a few things.

1. Doppler parts are made in france. the clutch pulley comes in an unlabeled white box.

2. Doppler, the company, also owns the marque(brand) teknix, which is aftermarket stock parts mostly. these are made in portugal like biturbos and a lot of other aftermarket moped parts.

3. The Doppler clutch pulley was out of stock for over a year from Doppler. Most people that got them in the last year or two got them from people who had a stockpile, like rcvteam.

4. Doppler had more clutch pulleys made, and the new versions are different and seemingly crappier. i'll bet that they had the teknix manufacturers make the pulleys.

5. this doesn't mean that treats(come one dude else could you have gotten it from) has duped you in any way.

6. mopeds break. most parts you buy are kits, not perfect bolt on stuff. Figure out a way to make the best of it.

7. Party.

Its not treats and I never said it was. and for the record its not treats!! thats bullshit anyway If I buy 2 of the same part and one is a good quality part that works and the other is a pos that eats its self in one use I am supposed to make it work? I paid good money for a part that works proper. When I installed the pulley I did it by the book with proper tools and spacers. It shredded, now I install the same part from the same vendor that I paid the same amount for and it works just fine and I am supposed to just shrug it off?

Yep.

Now:

7. party

it happens all the time

old chuck taylors vs. new chuck taylors

double cheeseburger vs. McDouble

Star Wars Eps. 4-6 vs. Eps. 1-3

at this point I dont care what it looks like, what box it came in, what country it was made in. I paid for a part that dosnt work, so i guess because we are all bros we dont have to hold each other accountable? I paid for a part that is not the same quality as the real thing. I was looking for a functional pulley and I what i got is one that is a flimsey knock off that lasted about 10 miles. Thats not cool.

I'm confused now .What exactly are you saying?? Are you pointing a finger at the vendor like he switched it or something?? Are you asking for a refund or replacement ? If I heard the explanation from Bret correctly Replacement/warehouse parts come from different manufacturers sometimes . The vendor , as a distributor, a middleman if you will ,received from the manufacturer what he ordered for you . The fact that they might have come from two different lots or batches of production parts isn't his fault. In any case , I'd contact the vendor directly vs trying to communicate via a public forum where he may not see it . Threatening someone's business via a public forum isn't cool either when all it could take is a simple phonecall to remedy the situation.I hardly doubt that anybody in our hobby would seriously screw somebody intentionally. Hope it all works out though.

***Kim Jong illest*** /

im just glad other people are coming out and talking about these bad pulleys. used to be i was the only one, and i got shit on for it.

nice to see im not the only one who got a shitty one

This is why I make my own performance parts.

100% control of the quality, if it breaks I know where to get stuff to fix it and a whole lot less money...

My 50/50 moby has one fancy store bought performance part (varplus) and it would be fine and have a higher top speed without it.

I am not Threatening someone

Hi Mike , Got it , Hey would you mind posting a pic of the real vs no name brand . That would help out a lot of people before they purchase one . What's a telltale sign of one to avoid?? Since it appears this problem is common, everyone should know this . Do we know exactly who makes the weaker part? Are there less casting fins etc??

John Joedicke /

Seeing that all the flak was directed at him for bringing the bogus parts Polini question, I can well imagine he will just let you all flounder and wonder if you are getting the real deal on your orders. Then again maybe not.

So it was RCV-team or la-becanerie? Mike, that blows but lately I'm a little disappointed with doppler stuff as it's obvious they cheapened down their QC and parts lines after bankruptcy.

Luckily this is correct, and I am not the vendor in question who supplied these doppler parts, however I will tell you as someone who sees an awful lot of moped parts that like 70% of parts come from multiple sources done in multiple runs. AND that I did just receive a huge box of beautiful authentic doppler parts. Everything changes all the time. If you look at treatland.tv you will notice oh about three of four kinds of maxi cock, four magnum cocks, at least 3 hobbit cocks...europe is full of repackaging types and everything is always coming in some different form from some different source as factories open and close throughout the world. Just look at how much has changed here in the US this year, how many seemingly bulletproof institutions have gone under. Doppler clutch pulleys have come in the same white box since the first one I got like 2 years ago, regular doppler pulleys come in different packaging depending on which model you buy - 103 or 51. There's a new doppler logo too it seems. a lot of the puch kits come in three different boxes with three different names and they are all the same kit. Its just the way it is. And anyway a lot of these parts are in their last days of production, so this adds yet another element to what ends up being received here in the US. There's a reason there aren't any metrakits around right now and the parmakit 70 was MIA for so long, there's just not enough demand. European quality parts will continue to be outsourced to asia as the demand drops, and with that will perhaps come a change in quality. perhaps not. hmm, perhaps perhaps, just some earily pre caffeine thoughts.

OT- Hehehe Benji , Just read your piece in your profile - "Two Thumbs Up"

no,no,no. from what i understand, it did work. for thirty miles. YOU broke it. go cry and come back later when you apologise to your vender for acusing him.

now you're getting whiney. and ya, the p0ics you said you would post but didn't would help a lot.

so where are those pics?

How about you go do something else now, "dccracing"?

Why is everbody going off on me now? i wanna see the pics.

check the demensions and angles... if they are the same, the owners of doppler just contracted out... if they are slightly diff, then you have reason to bitch.

but i would be pissed... bitch enough and you might get a free one.

but there is a good chance it was a fake. what did its quality look like.

the dimensions are off by about 1mm but that is not the big prob. The inner bearing housing is what i assume is stainless on the real doppler the fake doppler just has bearings pressed in aluminum.

who is this 15 year old nobody from ohio?

Yo....I wanna see pics too.

And, yeah, Mike - I'm with you. I'd be fucking pissed if I paid for something that was advertised as one thing at one value, but in reality was really a who lot cheaper.

Hmmm....let's see if you paid 60k for a Mercedes for the performance, details, interior, and overall top of the line shit that = Mercedes....

...oh, but then in a week it ended up performing and breaking down like a 1960's VW.....

I dunno - would you want your money back?

Call me crazy, but I would.

Yeah - these are mopeds. These are moped parts. And I think Benji summed it all up real well. Totally. Anyways....I get what you're saying, Mike.

I dunno if you can really compare a 60k$ Benz to a moped part o.O;

All moped parts have flaws, and a lot of the time, said flaw is the direct cause of the failure...

Bummer dood, sucks yer ish broke.

Hopefully they'll send you a replacement... or at least parts to fix yours?

Although... as far as I've read / talked w/ owners of these clutch pulleys... Those posts don't exactly come fully tightened... and the owners failure to tighten them fully, has lead to a few deaths of clutch-pulleys...

So there's always that...

I think if you do a little searching, there's another thread where this happened.... and he accepted it as user-error... which is probably what yours was as well.

Did you infact make sure everything was fully snuggled down?

Also, you might get in touch w/ Naz, as he's creating some replacement posts for another feller that this happened to...

!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account