these pipes steel?

These pipes are steel right? What were you all welding with?

I'm gonna be straight using a TIG and flux right?

Re: these pipes steel?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

here is what we built. Best pipe fitment ever.

pic 1

1238433879_img_0213.jpg

1238433898_img_0220.jpg

I did this. It was super easy, just cut it and weld it up. Make sure it seals, then mount it. This is not my moped btw.

Here are the pics:

Pablo Puchasso /

So how's it perform?

I dunno, its way faster than the techno circuit that was one their before. I didn't do a before and after. It definitely doesn't perform any worse.

The headtube of an old bicycle fork is a great pedal bender BTW

is the Baffle still in the Divergent Cone?

you just cut the stinger. that going to basically remove all Low End From the Pipe.

~SABAT!

just removed the restricter plate and moved the stinger on my Techno Estirol, I don't know the performance gains / losses yet, because I haven't gotten to ride it. But I will post info as soon as I know it!

sabat,

baffle is still in there

what? how and why is this going to remove low end?

Also, if that is the case why didn't anyone say anything about what a stinger did in this thread.

What is the point of one?

ALSO

how do you remove the 4mm from the primary cone?

Where do you chop first etc?

back pressure, it keeps the fuel in the cylinder for longer.

think of of it as expanding gas, only so much can fit thru the stinger at a time, so alot of the unburned fuel gets back into the cylinder. it also seems to make the pipe longer.

im not a pro at this tho, im sure somone else here has a lot more insightful input, i just know less free flowing pipe = more torque and a more free flowing pipe means a better top speed aka rpms.

~SABAT!

there has been way too many posts about unrestricting/hacking this pipe

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Unrestricting_a_Tecno_Estoril_Exhaust

Frank Horrigan /

Ive posted this bike before but here you go again.

I dont remember seeing an improvement in speed.

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

I would do this in a minute if I had a welder and all, so annoying how it hits my feet and all, size 12s and a estoril do not a smooth relationship make.

and if you up the size of that piece win you straiten it it runs even better i lost about 23F at WTO win i upped that to 22mm id

thicker stinger but shorter stinger its derestricted and the header is shortened 2 inches and dont comment on the bike i know it looks bad now its a work in progress try and zoom in on the pipe

1286932181_mms_pi_cture.jpg

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

we did a tomos estoril (pointed it straight up) saw a 1mph gain from the derestriction. that was on a a35 top end on an a3. looks better now at least...

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

ugly as can be but works well.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account