Derbi weights

Anyone know how heavy the stock weights are on a 3 roller derbi? Just put a little 60cc kit, and 16.16, with cut up biturbo, and the thing will barely crack 40 and doesnt rev out. Pretty sure I need lighter weights. They take stock scooter weights yeah? Anyone recommend what weight I might need?

Will my tjt weights work in the stock derbi variator for now?

Re: Derbi weights

you need a tjt or a flat reed 6 weight setup. the 3 weight variators use unusual weights that cant really be easily lightened.

a stock 6 weight variator with 3 stock weights removed is the best all around setup.

So I hear. Unfortunately I dont have one at the moment. Well I do have a tjt, but it just got mounted up to my hobbit.

Fuuuuuck.

cut your stock hobbit variator, use the tjt on the derbi.

done.

Ugh I am determined to make the TJT work well on the hobbit, since peter insists it cant be done.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

just pull one of the 3 weights out, and it should be fine on the stock vario. You should be breaking 40 easy.

Really, 2 weights? Wont that totally make it out of balance and fuck shit up?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

maybe, but it worked fine for me. Its probably not the best long term solution, but I was just looking for a quick boost back with my stock cylinder. Maitland recommended it to me, so if anything goes wrong, blame him.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account