The Fastest Derbi?

who's got it?

i was just curious cuz Spanish performance parts are the "best" of the "Best".

anyone breaking 70mph?

~SABAT!

Re: The Fastest Derbi?

shaw, duh. like a year and a half ago.

he breaks 70 on everything.

but really! what was his setup?

what engine? i imagine piston port gets most Rpms.

~SABAT!

i assume the fastesst peds will be case inducted, reed valve'd, and variated. Probably some old guy who lives in a shack, like that "worlds fastest indian" movie.

I dont know what his set up was. I think he had a triangle reed motor, that he plugged up and put a "mystery" piston port cylinder on that he never told anyone what it was.

yeah, i posted this, just because everyone on MA is nuts about derbi's at the moment, literally the trend goes

Magnums, Pinto's, Derbi anythings.

~SABAT!

after derbi i hope people lose all sense and go for nopeds, no way they are just going for fa 50s no ones that dumb. has Shaw broken 70 on a noped?

Shaw could make a power wheelchair do 70.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

shaws laguna. Didn't it do something like 75+ before exploding?

I'm sure mine could be super fast if I geared it right, but 50ish super fast is my goal with my gilarderbi.

Zack Rineer /

Im most likely picking up a derbi gpr50..

There's a post somewhere where shaw breaks down what he

Did to the laguna. The craziest part I thought was the 20x20 gearing...

fuck that top speed bullshit does it pull wheelies and do 55 to 60 mph... if doesn't yawn. Course none of my bikes do that :-) oh well.

-naz

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

I'm in!

BEN JAMMIN!

I he wont get mad that i posted this:

Author: shawdog (---.socal.res.rr.com)

shaw

* Date Posted: 02-27-08 00:13

Old laguna setup…piston port stock cylinder slightly bored 52-54cc heavily ported, 21mm delorto,custom intake, FMF up pipe ,modified variator front and back, modified clutch,20-28 gearing…top speed 57mph. New motor is pyramid reed cases(blocked off) 74cc port reed cylinder 24mm mikuni carb same variator off old motor 24-24 gearing 65mph+ easy (that"s the hill climb gears too! motor had less than 300 miles on it at FLOCK YEA and I was over revving cuz the clutch was slipping while ripping Molhulland…then the crank broke …never had so much fun destroying a motor…Got a new crank and motor will be running by the weekend but will not blast it till I get a outboard support bearing fabricated for the drive side…and go-kart clutch.That pipe on there is the break in pipe Estoril cones bigger head pipe and cr80 silencer…worked so good though still allowed great high end revs with good bottom…who am I kidding thats the variators job…Ha..GOD BLESS…......Shaw

that should read, I hope he doesnt get mad I posted this

that bike is...... WOW

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

shaw is awesome!

i think you mean shawsome.

yeah, if anyone could pull off setting up bike that could pull a wheelie and go 60+ it would probably be shaw.

boner

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

anyone else notice his fly was unzipped? top speed secret? im gay

derbeez ryderz /

thats the coolest thing i've ever seen in my life

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

laguna's look so fast!

very cool bike, one thing that intrigued me was that he blocked off the case induction and used the piston port reedvalve. can anyone tell me why? could the piston take a bigger reed block than the case or something? i was always under the impression that case inducted was better....

thanks

spencer

more answers!

Shaw, I’m just curious here, is there a reason you didnt rock a scooter kit with the case induction? I’m absolutely not talking shit, I’m in awe of your ability, it just seems to me that with case induction you would be able to go much, much faster…

School me!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Laguna

Author: shawdog (---.socal.res.rr.com)

shaw

Date Posted: 02-27-08 13:02

The case induction cavity on the pyramid motor is very small and at the wrong angle…and has way too much volume in the tract…but I agree case induction is the best. I built this motor for everyday use that is why its air cooled…I have another Laguna that is going to be scary…case induction water pumper…trying to beat this dude that comes to our runs with a CR80 motor in MB5 Honda…85-90mph easy….Oh and that cr80 is port reed…ha…Shaw

Naz, have you seen pics of shaws "le montster?" That thing will definitely wheelie and do 60+. It's insane.

I dont know if the laguna will ever wheelie. Too heavy and long, but considering shaw has been working on that motor for like a year, its going to be insane if we ever see it. Actually it probably will wheelie, who am i kidding?

Shaw, where are you? You are missed. Caw-caw.

thats a good answer, thanks alot

I'd like to go fast on a step thru... bikes that look like motorcycles interest me less b/c you could probably just slap a motor cycle motor on it.

However that orange wheel'ed derbi is tight.

orangerobin, nobody cares what you think.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account