Re: Hate to do this... but jetting problem

Tracy /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok update:

today ran 90 jet, 48, leanest needle. =best performance. Ripping hard. My gut feeling is that I am SLIGHTLY rich on Idle. SLIGHTLY lean for needles. and moderately rich at top.

My Hypothesis. Lowering the idle leaned out the needle range, but not not enough to constitute a raise which would richen it to be unusable. In order to dial it in, I will have to lower the main and/or Idle enough so that I can raise the needle. Either that or I'm gonna have to get a different needle.

Conclusion: I don't have an Idle jet lower than 45, or a main between 85 and 90, or another needle. Looks like I'm staying here for a while. I don't know what the original problem was, but it seems to have passed. Possibly a temporary clog in the main jet. As usual, not completely satisfied, but definately ripping and usable jetting for now.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account