vespa rear clutch discovery

Ok. So on closer inspection of a few rear clutches I discovered that there are at least 2 different types. The difference between them being that one has a larger ramp plate(which would add bottom end), has smaller clutch pads, and uses springs that don't have the long side... This would solve the malossi race spring issues discussed here break>

"For pictures and a further rant...": http://runningtostayfree.blogspot.com/

No one had mentioned this before... I'm not sure which clutch came on what model and what the story is with these. The larger ramping plates can not fit on a ciao without cutting the frame to fit it. It's only a millimeter or so bigger, but that would affect bottom end. any thoughts?

vespa rear clutch discovery

not sure why no one is going crazy over this. i think it's sweet. probably because not many people like, or even ride vespa. too bad for them i suppose. not that other mopeds are bad, we just like vespa.

Re: vespa rear clutch discovery

i knew they made two sizes in europe but i didnt know that about america thats cool. make sense why my friend ted couldnt get his variator on his ciao but mine fit right on

I did not know that. looking at the pics, my vespa grande has the clutch with the smaller plates

Interesting; my 30mph Grande had the elongated springs and (I presume) the larger plate. Hmmm....

i'm not sure what model had the larger plate...i will say that out of the 6 variators that I've collected over the past year or so, only 1 of them has the larger plate.

nice blog very informative

see i done went and came back to this forum

hy james, what is the year of your grande. mines an 81'. maybe that has something to do with it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account