Re: Hobbit Four Petal Reedblock

What, the tubing? It might be too long. I don't want gas dripping onto my belt, but I'll probably end up cutting it down.

And yeah, for the HPI I used one of the case bolt holes to hold on the backing plate. Feels pretty solid.

yeah, thats what I did too. Feels pretty solid, but still kinda scares me.

heh, the power is in the points. you'll see :)

Points? 1890's technology is well past prime but if you can get that to work for you at high rpm's that fucking baller shit!

I as well don't get this ego war over moped speed. If you really want to be on the cutting edge of two stroke performance you should get a scooter or a snowmobile, NOT a moped as their glory days, if there ever was such a thing outside of France, were decades ago.

Secret's don't make friends...

some of the fastest bikes in the country run points. i sure wish you didnt try to lecture everyone about "glory days" and "old tech" when its obviously truly the glory days NOW here where it matters, in america where we all live, and that old tech is actually working perfectly fine. you're seriously MA's biggest debbie downer. you telling us that points suck is "pointless" har har har. (cliffs notes: shutup)

Ummm... Are you planning on running your water pump off of your lighting coil from that HPI, Travise? That one lighting coil sure looks dinky... and what about lights?

I figure I'll either get a pump that's mechanical and runs off the movement of the crank or get a battery powered one. That's a bit down the road tho. I'm pretty excited for the Polini that's on that set up above, it's been ported to hell. But I don't really expect the set up to be reliable (until I iron out whatever issues it has) so it will most likely not be accompanying me to LA.

that's just neat.

Sweet.

Oh and one other thing occured to me, Travise. I think it's cause you mentioned not wanting to drip gas on your belt... Those clear float bowls melt if the gas you use in them contains ethenol. I guess it takes a while but it'll eventually happen. I know in Cali and Oregon they lace the gas with ethenol out of the pump. I, also, have only heard of it happening on those PHBG ones, but still- something to consider. You could always flip the intake over and have it poke out on the other side.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account