Re: 50cc 50mph+ secrets?

Ha, no I haven't messed with any dual pipe rigs. I like Rich Ragstretcher's AV88 fenders on that magnum. They probably slow him down though

what about the old athena reed valve kits? heard they rev higher than anything else in the 50cc class

fred

Yeah if only I could find one of those 50cc reed valve kits.. Oh the possibilities..

really,,, I have a new one here..

38mm bore has 2 intakes something like 15mm and 21mm.

big reed valve. think its a single ring piston, says athena on it

fred

I got a '08 Streetmate R 50cc with some mild porting and shortened Bullet. Still got the stock airbox. I'm hitting 50mph (cyclometer and GPS) on the flats, full tuck. Oh yeah, 26x24 gearing too!!! I got out to 54 with 26x22!

The A55 still has much more potential to be tapped. I wonder if I with bigger carb, more radical timing I can get to 60/50 club! HA!

@max: dan did get an mb5, actually! hah

careful you dont go too far because one thing goes wrong and you will have a firecracker

the other day i rode my vespa grande at somewhere above 40. thespeedo is limited to there. i need to find my gps

Pablo Puchasso /

I thought you were going 50 Nick.

i hit 44 tonight on my A45 hybrid

it's got more in it, could use a non-seized piston, i'm sure that would help. oh and probably an upjet.

Good they kick fucking ass and take names.

I think fred has some at Moparts webshop.

http://www.moparts-webshop.com/index.php

hey you puch mopeders go check out this site see if theres any thing you can use and save you some bucks>>http://stores.shop.ebay.com/JoeandMartyBslotsastuff

i don't know what exactly im going. i still need to find my gps. i do know for sure that im going over 40.

i also need to find a good stretch of flat road. northern ohio is too hilly

Whatever you do, GET A ROLLER BARING CRANK.

Otherwise, you might pump too many rpms into the engine, the crank will fail, you'll throw a rod, blowing holes in the top and bottom of the case. It will burst into flames while you're doing 40mph up a hill, and shrapnel will crack your intake and dent your float bowl. By the time you jump from your moped and try to put it out, the fire will have melted the wiring, and melted/burned right up your fuel line.

It happened to me.

Check it out (see the pictures) https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/7/154746/154746/

knox

yeah, i need a crank. haha is there any way to get it to fail without causeing harm so that i have a good excuse to get one?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account