%0cc kit from treats

Hey I put the 50cc e50 kit I got from treats on my main ride today , I know you guys like those big kits But Im telling you right now for the money (89 bucks) it made a giant difference in my bike , it goes like hell now I mean high 40's and it was still pulling when I backed off , I thought I would get a little better top end but I never in my wildest dreams thought it would make this much of a difference , the kit comes with jug , head, piston wrist pin, and all the gaskets , ,I case matched it because the transfers are alot bigger than stocks but other than that it bolted right up and started first shot well worth the money

Re:50cc kit from treats

:0

the cheapy treats kits have always seemed great whenever ive ridden with bikes that have them.

amen to that im thinking my other bikes are gonna get the old treatsment

Matthew Scholtens /

Dan - I'm curious. What are the rest of the specs of your setup: exhaust, gears, carb, intake size, air filter? Do share.

I am eying the 65cc Metrakit, but it is never in stock.

Matthew

well im running a 14mm carb , a boss pipe and a stock air filter , the carb has a 65 jet , 14 teth in the front and 36 on the rear I think i icant say for sure cause i have 5 bikes and dont remember which ones have what for gears

doesn't a 50cc kit have the same cc just maybe lighter piston, and bigger transfers/ports? couldn't you take a few days and do that with a dermal or no?

Zeke, it's really hard to properly modify the transfer windows on cylinders without ruining cylinder scavenging. You are never going to modify a stock cylinder to anything nearly as aggressive as a proper 50cc racing cylinder. See: Bidalot Gr3 50cc cylinder rated at about 25hp on a 30mm carb, IIRC.

Don't get me wrong, you can do some impressive things with a stock cylinder! I have no idea the quality of the puch 50 kits but I bet they still leave you with a lot of room to modify them.

Anyone know what brand the cylinders are that treats sells?

Treats kits are KStar, I'd believe Benji when he says that it's just an updated stock cylinder.. Bigger ports and intake booster. You'd be able to do that yourself, I'd assume

whar ever ! all im saying is that it made adifference i was just going for a new top end for my stock bike ,instead of always having usd thats all

Re:UPDATE!!!

I just put a high compression head on it -----now it goes 50+ frigin scary fast for a 50cc------ I cant believe you can mod a stock cylinder and have it do that !!

Did you put the hi comp head on the stock cylinder or the treats one?

what would I gain by getting a hi compression head on a bone stock cylinder?

^ To clarify, I know I will get a little power increase but is that high end or low end, and about how much...

also when do you have to worry about the piston hitting the head? do you have to put something there to ad space? if so doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

sorry if those are dumb questions, I am searching as we speak but having trouble finding good threads.

? A high comp. head will increase low end, but it won't give you top end. I don't believe you.

Conrad Conrad /

Tomos branded speedo perhaps? :p

_also when do you have to worry about the piston hitting the head?_

No, see: this

whats not to believe my bike now goes 50+ mph what can I say , why should I lie ? Im as amazed as anyone by the performance difference , I put the head on to get more shit and git but it goes faster now WHY? i have no idea but im not gonna ? it

50mph with a 50 kstar and bullet. 14 carb?

no way mang.

what ever dude Im riding it not you

Re:BS UPDATE!!!

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else on this and call your bluff. Your not lying, just hugely mistaken. It's ok. There is no way your going 50mph on that setup. I don't have to ride yours, because I know it's not true. Maybe if you weighed 100lbs, wore girl jeans, geared 18 X 36 and going down a huge hill I might believe it. Other than that your full of it. Believe what you want, but if your going to post on here you better have a legit 50/50. I'm guessing you go about 43 tops. Try riding with someone that really goes 50mph and you will understand your mistake.

Re:BS UPDATE!!!

GPS or it didn't happen

Re: %0cc kit from treats

Dan,

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but posting on MA saying you have a 50/50 is something not taken lightly. You would have to be pushing 10,000 rpms at 14X36 gearing. Very unlikely with that setup. If you can prove your speed with a GPS or another 50mph ped I will buy you a beer.

I bet you guys dont believe in the easter bunny either

No, he's real.

Ok I dont want to beat a dead horse but for a couple weeks its been bothering me I just had my wife follow me in our car she says I was going 52 mph ,Im telling you guys Im not lieing about this , I believe you all when you say its not possible , I dont know maybe its a fluke moped or something , before I put the kit on it it was a high torque , 2hp engine ,Just had to get it off my mind Dan

im skeptical.

All you need to do is find someone with a GPS and borrow it for an afternoon. No big deal.

I realize after using my GPS that stock speedometers are sometimes WAY off.

- Joe

Zack Rineer /

My 70cc tccd doesn't even do 50's....

low 40's besst.. GPS'd

i have a 16sha and boss pipe.. with a high comp head...

why is this so unbeliveale?

i belive you dan

there are other ppl here that do 50/50 why cant dan?

there are other ppl here that do 50/50 why cant dan?

because 50/50 takes blood and sweat and usually months of work, especially your first time. Dan's giving us some Jersey-esque tale of slapping store-bought parts on and instantly doing 50+.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying that if it were that easy, certainly Dan wouldn't be the only person in the world to have discovered this.

I'm gonna have to agree, pics or it didn't happen. If Dan doesn't produce some hard evidence soon, this is just gonna get filed under jokes

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account