Airsal kit

Installed 44mm Airsal piston kit on my A35 last night with a 58 jet.

Did not change plug. NGK bh5hs in it now. Starts and stalls when it starts. Any suggestions? When stock it ran great. No id plate bought used off CG. Please help!!!

Re: Airsal kit

King Drunky JCams /

B7HS is the plug you want.

58 jet is too small for a big bore kit... I'm thinkin a jet in the 70's will do it...

Stock carb?

What exhaust?

Things you gotta specify to make a proper diagnosis...

Everything else is stock.

moped junk yard suggested 58 for that kit.

So lacking fuel and proper spark?

There was a sugg of drilling idle jet hole and low speed circuit.

Can't find any diagrams that identify these.

Airsal sugg. using orig. variator, loose separator.

Could I drill jet to make 70?

Ok, so I am a dumbass. I installed the piston upside down.

I still think your jet is to small.

check out my thread....... a55 airsal jetting https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=7&i=135177&t=133320

Airsal kit

You're gonna seize that piston. And you're need more efficient air flow meaning better filter. I run a 64 jet on my girls stock a35 with bullet pipe and high flow air filet. I know you 're running a stock exhaust, but that cylinder needs more lubrication. All that oil you used while assembling will be gone after seconds and you'll just be wearing down your motor. That's a big investment to lose so quickly. Good luck

I'll see how it goes with the 58. I am switching to synthetic. They airsal had made a suggestion of adding an extra .ounce to the gas.

okay LISTEN. if you jet to high, it doesnt matter, all you have to do is jet down. if you jet to low, YOU WILL FUCK YOURSELF. and seize your rand new kit. just warning you.

protect your investment.

this is the third person telling you to jet up.

its just to low.

if you run with that 58 there is a very good chance of seizing.

no, let him seize his kit. this kid obviouslly dosent know what he is talking about

adding extra oil is just going to make you even leaner by displacing gas passing through your little jet.

I ran an A35 with the same kit and a 58 jet for a loooong time, no problems what so ever. I sold the bike and from what Ive heard it still runs great. If you port the kit you need a bigger jet, but with a stock a35 airsal 58-60 is just fine.

Quick,

Did you premix and junk oil injection?

no effing around lil guy .... DO NOT use the 58 jet unless you want to seize....... go premix .... no point in using the oil injector if you have to add oil to your fuel in the first place.....try a 71 jet man .... i dont think im wrong at a lil over a thousand miles on my kit ...... 51 mph

I'm running the same kit with an estoril pipe and stock 14del with a 71 jet. On a cold morning, that's a tad too lean, but this kit is virtually bullet proof, so it'll survive. Seriously, 58 is tiny. Compare your set up to the performance tuning sheet.

John Joedicke /

62 will work with the setup,

Yeah, I took the little oil pump key out and left the pump in there to seal the hole. The setup was: airsal, biturbo, dellorto 15/15, 58 jet (prob needed 60), boyesen reeds and a slightly ported intake. I think if you need a 70s or higher jet with this setup you got an intake leak and the bigger jet is to make up for the extra air. I just finished a 2nd setup very similar to this and a 60 jet seems to be working great for it.

Whatever works for you, but a 70+ main jet is not unusual; in fact, it's pretty standard for the airsal 70cc kit.

True, whatever works works. Ive been trying to figure out why the jet sizes vary so much on similar setups and the best I could come up with is air leaks. I can say Ive never seized an engine before, soft or hard. Btw, I use 40:1 mix ratio and I never do any sort of kit breakin. Put it on, warm it up, open it up.

how fast are anyof you guys goin with this kit and stock carbs???? im really curious

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account