over carbing a ZA50?

I'm going to install a 15 bing with the bigger intake on a ZA50, with a techno boss exhaust. is that too much carb or can I make it work with the rite mix of jets and needles?

Re: over carbing a ZA50?

you shuld be fine. check the wiki tuning sheet. I am sure someone has a similar setup to start from on jetting range

TwoSpeedTony /

You're going to need to either fabricate or buy a spacer for the intake to the carb will clear the engine case. Or bore out the old intake.

he could probably just use his original intake with no changes if it's stamped 14mm. the 14mm stamped intakes are really close to 15mm actual size.

that's my set up... you'll be fine... is it 50cc?

i now have a 70cc kit on it...

before with the stock piston it was cool. just mess with your jetting.. i live right next to the beach so it took me a while to really get a good jetting for both night and day, without having to switch it all the time..

right now night temperatures are in the mid 40's and there's a lot of moisture.. but of course jetting really depends on your area my friend..

get a 21

80 or 82 jet

I'm gonna be runnig the stock top end it pulls really well, but my carb is junk so I figured why not go from the 12mm to the 15mm with the square bottom intake that they sell @1977

with a techno boss exhaust and then maybee a kit later

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account