Extended pedals?

Crossvalley AnthonyB /

ive got a minarelli city bike with a kit and biturbo, the bi turbo was made for a tomos, and now the right pedal has limited rotation. are there extended pedals available somewhere? i tried to bend them... no luck. any ideas?

Re: Extended pedals?

Remove the pedal

put a large crecent wrench on the crank arm

sit on your butt on the ground

brace your feet on the ped

pull hard on the wrench and the arm will bend

a large length of pipe that will slip over the crank arm will also work.

YOu have to pull hard!

Good luck

The thing that sucks about that bending method is that the pedal is gonna be at a weird angle. The best thing is to heat the arm with a torch and make two bends. Let me do my best ascii interpretation of what i'm talking about:

||

\\

\\

||

||

Obviously disregard the angle since i can't really do it correctly with computer shit. But you get the idea? If you just bend it... it will kinda be more like this:

\\

\\

\\

||

||

and then your pedal will be all awkward.

Anyway find somebody with a torch or do it yourself. Takes about 5 minutes. Works GREAT!

wow the formatting on this forum fucked that up royally... Haha. Oh well you probably get the idea

Crossvalley AnthonyB /

lol i got the idea Nils, im not too sure if ill be able to find someone with one. but i will try. thats exactly what i wanted to try doing.

rafter, if the fire doesnt work out... ill try that. lol i have to find a large enough wrench.

i tried c clamping the pedal too, and using a longer extension to close the clamp, but it just didnt do the trick. maybe if iheated it and then tried?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account