Case induction and Widening Ports - CrazyWayne M48

On cylinder work I have done with e50s you always have to pay respect to the ring gap / piston pins.

But with the m48 (case indcution) the pins are located more towards the top of the piston.

How wide can you open up the exhaust then? endless possibilities?! 24mm give or take (like the wiki says) as wide as your header?

Thanks!

Re: Case induction and Widening Ports - CrazyWayne

Wah wah wah. Looks like he left MA. Ha.

Okay, anyone else have any pointers on how wide to go when rings catching is _less_ of on issue?

He didn't leave, his account got hacked. He'll be back as soon as someone fixes it.

Which way is the ring gap sitting now? If it is between the transfer and the exhaust you can turn the piston around and not worry about how wide you make the exhaust port. Make the exhaust about 67% of the bore. Give it 20 degree's of blowdown and you will be fine. If you want to get serious there are a lot more things you can do.

Wayne just told me last night to take a bic lighter and open your port till you can fit the lighetr through it

Without getting a degree wheel out, I'd say they rest at about 30 deg. and 330 deg. top of the cylinder, plenty of room for transfers and exhaust to exist on their own.

Sorry, what I mean is that the exhaust should open up 20 degrees before the transfers. 25 would also work but is more of a upper limit with those small transfers.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Cleat i sed to use the small small BIC

Use a small small bic lighter and open up your exhaust port till it

gist fits in all the way thou 11mm X 21.5 mm port taper it don't

brake the rings .approx 150 deg

It will Cruz 35 and with EX pipe mods 37 with front sprocket 13 rear 50.

timing 1.65mm to 1.75mm stater mid @ point .

The 2 peice bi-turdo 's suck on M48's

I can mod your EX pipe if you want 30$ plus ship.

Don't use the regular BIC 14.5 X 25.2 mm size its to tall for the M48's stroke works grate on PUCH cylinders longer stroke EX port BIC = approx 170 deg's on M48's = approx 160 deg's on puch EX ports.

Bat back

The ring's gap 160 deg' away from the Ex port's center line next to my boost ports did say boost port's how did that get in there ??

Yea mine has boost ports ha ha.

Bat back

Yea, if you really want you can cut the main transfers out to be finger ports, change the roof angle, the swept angle, timing, shim the base, deck the head, weld the head in solid and cut a new shape into it. build a pipe from anything, weld the cases up and cut in a hole for decent size reeds, make a new intake for whatever carb you want, there are a lot of things if you want to really get into it.

You make it sound so EZ

Do it and let us all know how it goes.

Bat back

No, I said if you want to get serious there is a lot of things you can do. Serious means hard/expensive. You make it sound like you are the only one who has ever made a M48 go fast.

No Deven's got me bet for top sped so fare as i now he is over 43 MPH

Me so far 41.7 MPH gps

Bat back

wow good thing I havent taken it apart yet :P

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account