Stock 103 plus ninja g3?

Will it suck? I have a 103 I am trying to put together for a rally loaner, I want to make sure it doesn't totally suck. I know the g3 is kinds gnarly. Just want to make sure it's not too much for a stocker.

Re: Stock 103 plus ninja g3?

Might need to tinker with the variator to get it up and on the pipe. I haven't tried it before but Ian had ported cylinder and that pipe and think he just had trouble with getting it on the pipe but it went pretty good after that.

-naz

I'd think you'd really have to enlarge your exhaust port a bit, My 103 needed that even with the much smaller 'top one' exhaust.

I'd be most worried about losing a ton of low end, but that clutch mod is pretty effective.

Yeah losing all my low end was my worry. I dont want people to get stuck goin up the mountains. I have a 70 parmakit for it but I dont think I will have time to cut a third transfer, defintiely wont have time to break it in, and dont know how great it would perform with the stock carb.

The ninja worked well with a stock moby. I think it'll be good. A lightening of the variator would definitely help though.

When my 103 ran it had a pretty heavily ported stock top end, polini 4 petal, 16mm sha, with g3 and variator tinkering(balls out) it did about 45 with stock gearing. Had pretty ok low end but I'm in Chicago. Then I really really ported and regeared, it hit 53.4(gps) with no low at all...then seized. I haven't touched it since.

yes, i lightened the varaitor a lot with the lightest variotop weights i believe and still it was like i was constantly on the crest at 35mph of hitting the pipe. there just wasn't much improvement over the cut up stock pipe.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account