polini single petal/stage reed bridge? bye bye?

another question about why the hell not?

why is this bridge here? turbulence help? keep the reed from torquing? can it come out? I don't see why not.

someone give me a reason why not too please! or I'll do it, try me... umm yeah but seriously is there any reason why this is here?

Re: polini single petal/stage reed bridge? bye bye

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Done it, helps, just make sure its smooth and it closes right.

yeah i see no reason why not

neat. hope I'll have my shit done today so I can result some results resultie jams

i'm doing the same on mine as well, and i'm using the thick ass polini gasket material for more RRRRREEVVS. I'm also thinking i might bend the keeper tabs back a couple MM to get it to open more.

they are two holes because the standard reed is 2 petal, less mass per petal and quicker throttle response... in theory. i've also ported the outside of the reed 'cage' cast into the head so i can go wider on the gasket.

i've got a 22 mm kehin knockoff or a 20 mm mikuni knockoff i'm trying to decide between. i'll get some pics up on saturday when i throw all this shit together. its going on an A3 so replacing all the bearings and doing all the work on the crankshaft has taken me a lot longer than expected.

what are you planning for pipe... did you see that 11.2 hp polini pipe the dutchies posted, i'm gonna be making a copy of that i think, maybe a few mods for alky (e85)

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

post link to said dutch pipe please.

i did it on my four petal setup. It was crazy, but i just couldnt get it to run good./

umm, you guys.... that bridge is where the ring ends ride to keep the piston rings from splaying out and snagging the intake port window

bending the reed keepers does seem to improve things though.

piston ring, singular.

he wants to knock the bridge out on the reed block itself, not the cylinder.

oh, misunderstood. as long as you use the single piece reed,instead of the kind with a split down the center, there should be no problem, unless the back pressure makes the reed warp.

hippy,

you in richmond this weekend? you using your old 2 pedal reeds?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account