65Metra Puch with a simo?

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

yes? no? tell me about it

Re: 65Metra Puch with a simo?

Low end will be heinous if you don't do a little clutch tuning

Top end will zoom, zoom, zoom

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

i got a treats 3 shoe with blue springs, 19 dell, 17 40 gearing, stock hi torque head, and i did a little extra porting. im a little worried i wont hit the powerband.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

shorter gearing and it will be fine. Try 14 40

14x43

port the exhaust. a lot.

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

gearing like that cause my low end will be crap? or no powerband?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Flange is too wide to fit between the fins. Gotta trim it down.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

low end would be kinda bad, but I don't think you'd actually hit the pipe with 17-40. Maybe, but it would take awhile to get there.

derbeez ryderz /

i had that set up w/ 18x40, not case matched and it would definitely hit the power band.it took about a half mile though, so low end like everyone else says is crappy.

I'm kinda interested in this. The metrakit has less exhaust duration and less blowdown than the other 65cc cylinders.

Opening the exhaust port a little earliar should help, and I think 5-10 degrees is fairly safe, looking at the other 65cc specs. Anyone recommend going more than this?

...and what about blowdown? Should the xfer ports be raised also? maybe half as much as the exhaust? any ideas?

What else... how many base gaskets do you have in there?

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

bump

im building one for a friend. simo-65metra with 19phbg. 3-shoe clutch. ill let you know how it runs. thought its on the backburner. for the simo you definitely gotta grind down the flange to fit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account