Bare bones wiring

Hey does any one have a stripped down diagram of simple wiring. Like head light, tail light, and grounds.

Thanks

Re: Bare bones wiring

for what bike? theres an image for hardwiring a maxi in the wiki, it gives you the basic idea of what you need to do on any bike though, if you have the knowhow and a wiring diagram.

I have a freespirit, E50.

Heres a simple generic two wire setup with brake lights. I haven't built it but in theory it should work great.

how does the tail light, head light get power, it looks like they are just conneted. I think I am going to just run a running light too, no brake light. Super simple. Thanks for the post!

Power goes from the magneto to the voltage regulator then directly to the lights, the switches are eliminated for simplicity.

you can do it even easier that that. eliminate that kill switch and just have a lose wire to touch to the frame.

that is even easier. puchs don't have a regulator. you kinda can pick and choose which other wires you use for your lights, the only one that is important is the ignition wire to the coil. the rest of them just get run to lights or grounded. if you want no lights, you just wire only the coil and ground everything else out.

btw, this scores you no _performance_

there's tons of stuff about this in the repair forum

What is the color of the wire to the coil? What if I would like to run a kill switch? Thanks for the help.

I realize this is not necessarily performance, but its not really a stock repair either, right? ha ha

blue is ignition

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account