Should i up carb?

i have a Tomos A3 with a bi-turbo and a stock jug that I port matched, and i have also had it re-bored to the first over size piston, and i had the head and the cylinder "faces"(where they touch) shaved off to get them smooth. so i bought a new 14.12 sha and made a bracket to get it out from the under the frame. and connected it with copper elbows and clear pvc tubing. so..

i am wondering if i shouldn't get a 15.15 to accommodate all of the performance mods.

Re: Should i up carb?

Here is a picture of it.

you will get probably more top end with a 15 on there.

^ true, but there's nothing wrong with your carb.

What would i be looking at for a top speed, if i had a 27/22 gearing? i don't actually have it going yet i just did a complete restore on it and i am ironing out the bugs.

i've had a couple stock carb and exhaust a-3's in the 35-40 range with 10mm encarwi's. stock gears.. whatever that is.

yeah that was about what i got out of it when i had it going once.

before you get a carb (or when you do) you should get a real intake.

i am not able to find one. so i had to fab this one my self. does anyone make them? I know 1977mopeds used to sell one.

There is a Dellorto/A3 intake that came on some of the later model A3's, and you can get one from Ike's Bikes. But it doesn't get the carb out from under the frame, and if the 15.15 is any bigger on the outside dimensions than the 14.12, I don't think it would fit even if you did have the intake. (Even if they're the same size, I still think it's a chore to get the 14.12 to fit).

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account