derbi people: piston port tranny oil questions:

a.) how much? I would have to cut my pedal off to get at the fill hole, and I'd rather not. Anyone know exactly how much to put in?

b.) what kind? I've been rocking Motul Transoil in everything I own, (10w30) and I was told by someone I trust that I should run closer to 20/50. However, I was curious if anyone has ever deviated from the manual, and had positive results. I wanna say that we originally put atf in this thing, and it ran amazing, but I don't remember. I know if DID NOT have 20/50 in it.

helps. please?

Re: derbi people: piston port tranny oil questions

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

dang, pedal arm welded on?

I think I'm running 10w30 in mine. I'll ask tom what he's running tonight.

not welded on. like I said in another thread, don't ride mopeds in the rain with only a front brake.

I'm pretty sure it either had 30 weight or ATF in it when I got it from MotoMatic. I KNOW it didn't have 20/50 in it. Nate had sent me to the store to pick it up, and I remember it was something that I had used in a ped before, and I've never put 20/50 in a ped. Brennan used to use 30 weight in his. I'm just trying to get a general consensus.

There's nothing in there but gears and bearings. You don't need ATF or high quality synthetic. Just use whatever oil is appropriate to the temperature range. Non detergent is preferred since you don't have an oil filter. No sense in having detergents with no filter.

well, what I have in my house, and the only thing that I could use without having to go to the store, is Transoil.

11 oz

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

yeah 11 oz of 10w30.

i dont think changing the oil makes a difference (to a diff weight oil that is) since its not stalling a clutch or anything.

its 11oz of 20/50.

the manual says so.

</thread>

1234728349_photo_6.jpg

well, we're too late for that, now. 10w30's already in. I'm now dealing with the brake issue. And at this point, let me ad:

is that Hoff?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

really, 3 times?

a.) that's not hoff.

b.) it's awesome a million times.

c.) 400cc = 13.5256091 so put about 13.5 ounces of 20w50 in your derbi transmission if you want to go along with what the manual says.

oh, and also, totally stripped the case somehow when pulling my drain plug. But rode the bike today, and it's still sex on wheels. It's just sort of damaged sex on wheels.

...like where the girl starts crying while giving you a blowjob, but its still a really good blowjob.

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

Thats her problem, she can see a THErapist. A BJ is a BJ and BJ's rule just like Derbis.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account