Upjet=slower?

I upjetted from 52 to 56 on my V1 and my moped went slower. I removed one, then both air flow restricters and it got slightly faster each time but still 2mph slower than with a 52 jet. Could colder weather possibly cause this?

Re: Upjet=slower?

You might have been ideally jetted for your setup, with the 52.

you were probably spot on with the 52 before you removed the air filters. you went up 4 jet sizes after just removing the air filters. a 54 jet would probably be perfect.

Motobee Goode /

that sounds right, if you pull the airfilter(s) and run better/properly it is rich.

Would putting on a perf pipe do anything? I don't have a 54 jet, but i have a 57nd 58. I am just trying to get my motron to go from 24 to 30.

6 mph...thats a lot. I highly doubt you can get 6mph out of just upjetting a little and removing the air filters. by perf pipe i'm assuming you mean a preformance pipe... if so then heck yea you could get it from 24 to 30mph, or more. my suggestion is to order a few more jets (60-72ish), and a preformance pipe and you'll be doing 30 in no time. not quite sure the exact jet you'll need, but the moped tuner spreadsheet would be a good place to look. just look it up in the search bar.

sometimes sure

The spread sheet helps out on jet size, but the tricky part is what pipe to get. I know the bi-turbo will fit and so will the "bannasar reverse" pipe from treats. Which one is right for a higher top speed?

take the airbox and filter off the carb and run your moped with the 56 jet. If you like your speed that you acheived then buy a K/N RC-1250 air filter for it. If not then keep it stock.

Can't just upjet and expect gains. My tron gained about 6 mph when I ditched the stock exhaust, cut and welded a biturbo, took some screens out of my airfilter, then upjetted to a 56. My stock bike was ideal at a 52 jet. There is lots of restriction at the stock exhaust. Is your bike a 20mph, 25, or 30mph model?

25 mph model, I Have a much better idea of what to do now. I got a few e-mails and advice on how to make my motron perform ideally with a higher jet. I'm looking inot the mamba exhaust, but the bi-turbo is my other option. How much modification was involved?

just put the polini on it im sure it will go 30

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account