PHBG clamp size

It is my understanding that all clamp-on PHBG's have the same size of clamp-on thingy. My question is; what size is that?

I ask because I'm trying to get ahold of a 16mm PHBG, and they only seem to come in clamp style as opposed to spigot style. I'm going to have to fab up an intake anyway (it needs to curve and I want to keep it short), so I was also wondering if there were any common materials used that a clamp-style PHBG fits onto, like headers or other things that curve that I could make an intake out of.

Re: PHBG clamp size

Not getting this at all

ehhh, they make a lot of spacer rings or you can make your own. i believe 7/8" handle bar is a direct clamp on for SHA's.. i'm sure there is a spacer made to go between the two sizes, otherwise dremel the spacer out and have tons of airleaks, or find someone to machine it out on a lathe.

Thanks for the help. I figured it out on my own. PHBG clamp on style carbs clamp onto things with a 24mm OD without a spacer. FYI. I'm planning on using a stock exhaust header from some bike that's like 22 or 23mm OD and using a small spacer.

treats has a 21mm exhaust header intake they say they have a shim to put a PHBG clamp style carb on it, maybe.

It's not a piston port intake. It sits on top of a reed block, and the bolt pattern is funky. It has to be fabricated. The stock intake that came with the reed block is unusable due to the angle that the carb would sit at.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account