leovince cobra: stock/worse..which

i see that some people say this pipe is stock or worse... so is it worse? I've also seen some people say there are marginal gains..

Re: leovince cobra: stock/worse..which

that pipe is actually a faux expansion pipe. it is just a straight tube inside surrouned by a pretent expansion chamber. thus it prevents any performance increase. Its lame, super fucking lame. BUT that doesn't mean you can't use that pipe. You just have to cut open the pipe and remove the tube so that the expansion chamber is effective then reweld it. seriously one of the weakest things leo vinci could ever make you do.

I saw that thing and thought it looked cool with the black matte and the kind of flat nose silencer. I can't believe they would do that, a fake expansion chamber? Thats like, extra material for a loss in power! Doesn't even make sense from a manufacturing/cost saving POV.

probably something to do with crazy european performance regulations.

there is a decent wrap around pipe for mobys can't remember who makes it tho. its not anything like a real french pipe but it on par with maybe a bi turbo... maybe

Forget about that cobra pipe, save your money and get a real pipe. I bet it was just a money making scheme back in the day. Look at all the fools who bought it in the states, now imagine how much they sold in France.

i picked one up for 20 bucks. It sucks that you have to lose your kickstand to use it. I like that idea of cutting it and making the expansion chamber work. Has anyone actually done that? What were the results? I just popped a ported cylinder on my stock engine so I'd like to get an exhaust that is at least slightly better than stock.

if its a faux expansion pipe, what is to say that the dimensions of the _actual_ expansion chamber are even designed for improved performance? yea you could cut out the straight pipe and you'd definitely have something in the _shape_ of an expansion chamber, but god knows if itd actually do anything.

it would be nice if these cheaper alternative pipes like the pires chrome (barf) and the cobra actually did something for mildly tuned mobies. from what ive seen so far, there are no moby pipes that are analogous to a puch biturbo or boss...

if you have a puch, you can spend $200 on a homoet 8p, but if you dont have bike that demands something as well built and high-rpm, you can easily go for a 60 dollar boss, biturbo, etc. not awesome pipes (arguable) but at least theyll give you something happy for your mildly tuned puch at a low price.

if you have a moby, you can spend $200 on a g3, but if you dont have a bike that demands something as well built and high-rpm, you can go for either a shitty vinci cobra, pires chrome, or some outdated god-knows-what-this-thing-is pipe from treats, which are nearly as expensive.

itd be nice if there was some middle ground for mobies, is all.

probably because most of these pipes were designed for av10s?

It's an exact copy of the stock pipe that came on the MBK magnum. Not a performance pipe. Also, it doesn't fit well on bikes with AV7 engines, kickstands, or pedals.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account