Quick question on installing airsal kit

my first kit...don't want to fuck up...which means i gotta ask what might be a dumb question. its a puch 70cc airsal kit. i install the piston with the side with the 4 holes facing the exhaust port...correct?

lubing everything with 2-stroke oil for install.

any other tips i need to know other than breaking it in slowly, jetting correctly, plug chops, and all that jazz?

thanks guys and gals!

Re: Quick question on installing airsal kit

nevermind...the search button found what i needed this time :)

ok, more questions. having problems getting the piston pin in. it keeps getting stuck and i don't want to whack at it too hard. any tips?

also...piston ring placement...i'm gathering i want the ring opening to not be in an area where it would ride over the intake and exhaust ports?

bump for some love.

metal contracts in cold and expands in heat...should i try sticking the piston pin in the freezer to shrink it and see if i can get it in then?

do you have the gap in the ring located over the pin?

-naz

If it's not going in because of the piston, wristpin, con. rod allignment- try a c-clamp, and use an 8mm deep well socket as a drift and go SLOWLY!

THE BOOST PORT HOLES GO ON THE INTAKE SIDE!!! Joe

michael...what do you mean by "over the pin"?

sam...i can't get it to slide thru that first hole in the piston...it fits the roller bearing right fine...just can't get it through the first piston hole so it can go thru the roller bearing.

joe...thanks...figured that out last night searching old posts...glad i stopped to ask cause i was just so sure it was the exhaust side, lol.

ok i got the pin in. the piston seems to move a bit from side to side...not the crank...the piston on the crank. normal or no?

John Joedicke /

You are OK, where is it going to go once it is in the bore. Make sure your jesus clips are in the grooves right.

thanks double...thats what i figured...just double checking.

there are pins in the ring grooves, thats where the rings ends should meet.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account