Minarelli V1 stock performance.

Got the General TT running and really like this bike. Want to get a few more MPH out of her. I replaced the stock nasty pipe with a modified Kinetic pipe (non performance) Also had a 14/12 carb. that I bored to a 15mm. Got her from 25MPH to 30. I was wondering if anyone had bore their intake and opened up the cylinder intake and exhaust ports??? Just trying to get a solid 35MPH out of her. I want this to be a budget build and would rather not kit or install a expansion. Will modifing the stock cylinder get me there? Any help would be nice. Thanks

Re: Minarelli V1 stock performance.

Not as crazy as my puch tuning but I just got one and it didn't idle so....POrt! opened intake and exhuasted and i widened them in the cylinder all dremel. Then throw a 14 puch intake on it, now i need bigger carb. Zen pipe seems to be working pretty good too

Stock intake port is very small and don't waste your time on the stock intake

the human house /

bump

I have a few polini 47mm kits here, and a olympia 43mm kit. forget porting get a kit big carb and a nice pipe like the mamba go nuts

Fred

i dunno kits get old. they are kinda like cheating on a video game. sure its fun, but then you want to go back and play the levels for real.

on ported 50cc v1s, properly tuned with 15-16mm carbs and most aftermarket pipes you can very very easily hit low to mid 40s to start.

agreed 50cc is fun and 40 mph is not super hard on the V1.. Its all fun till someone blows by you then you start thinking what do they got on that bike..

fred

i keep going changing my mind first i want a kit then i dont......then i do..... then i dont.

commando brando - how wide did you port the ports and how did you know how wide to port it? how fast does your bike go now that its ported? did you have to get a bigger carb?

I see you asking them questions, Pick up a 2 stroke performance building manual in the wiki. You can open up the exhaust port window inside the cylinder. I think, don't quote me.. 26% bigger window. The 2 stroke world is all about math.

yeah but its even more fun when you blow by someone on a kit and later at a light they ask you, "hey what kinda kit you got?" and theres a pregnant pause before you answer. "I don't have a kit"

half way through jenning's two stroke tuners handbook. its pretty interesting and it explains alot

#1: if you get sad and cranky every time someone passes you, you should probably quit mopeds and buy a crotch rocket or some penis enhancing pills

#2: my 40 mph stock bikes blast "50 mph" kits frequently.

#3: mark ryan and i go faster because of our tight pants, making kits not necessary. try tight pants before buying a kit.

#4: dusty knows all this already because i saw his pinto, and i know he's got mad skiiirrrzz.

#5 consider hack-and-weld puch performance exhaust for that extra boost on the top end. cheap, easy, and fun.

i did a quick gps last night and it was at 34 i didn't widen the ports very much basically had the sanding drum make a nice impression on each side of the port.

for more speed i'll be getting a high compression head, i got benji to order us some since he forced me to take this motron. i'll port the 14/12 carb to 15 or whatever. i'm more worried about it jumping off the line not so _slow_

i mean kits just have more power, and should be faster but it's not just the kit it's the person/tuner

Do all this stuff i've done then if you want more get the polini

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account