my cylinder is smokin pleace help

so I found my air leak fixed it and got a new cylinder from treats but now I cant get the cylinder to stop smokin I never seized it I keep stoppin every 100 yards or so to check it and sure enough its smokin.im runnin a phbg 21mm carb on the a 90cc bennsar kit right now Im running a 105main and a 55 idel with a W7 needle clip is on the leanest setting I cant go any richer it will bog with richness if I run a 60 idel the plug comes out pretty wet and theres slugish throttal responce so I run a 55 and it revs right up then for the main i started with a 108 main and the clip on the richest setting then I would move the needle up one notch and run it again if I got the leanest setting I would put a leaner main in there and reapeat until I got a 105 main and clip on leanest setting but the cyliner still smokes I dont know what else I could do?I really dont want to seize am I doing something wrong?

thanks

oh I also tryed a cooler plug in there still smokin :(

Re: my cylinder is smokin pleace help

it's hard to say with out looking at it. i'm not totally positive, but it sounds like you still have a leak. it's oil burning off your cylinder. ride it around and then when you stop look at the cylinder and see if any part of it is wet with oil/gas. if the answer is yes, you are still leaking and if it's wet between the two cylinder halves then you have a head leak. if it's wet at the exhaust studs then you have an exhaust leak. tighten everything up again.

it could also be smoking because it's a new cylinder. or because you dont have your fan shroud on, that can cause it to over heat. don't worry so much about seizing. it's not that big of a deal. people seize all the time and are able to recover their kits.

good luck.

There must be an excess of oil on the fins burning off. Where is all this oil coming from? You have a very unusual situation there

Don't tell me this is a carabela. Both mine ran hot as hell, and one time I was convinced it was going to catch fire - just poured smoke. Never seized. Eventually it stopped smoking, but it still runs hot as hell.

hey thanks for all the great help everyone I will check for oil/gas and yes this a carabela. it is a new cylinder I do have the fan shroud on it just seems like its running super hot as i burned my hand a few times real bad. im just scared to run it to long as it starts to get smoky not bad but there is some smoke comming off the cylinder.

Hey deane is there anyway you could take high rev cloes up of your carabela I need new decals and hoppin maybe I can try and have some made somwehre

thanks

one more thing my plug is comin out a nice golden brown color which kinda throew me off as I thought for sure it was gonna be white as the drivin snow.

If there is someway you can make a real hot spark you could run more rich. Compare your spark with some of your pals bikes to help compare. Nothing cools things down more than being able to dump a lot of fuel in an engine. A hot spark will allow you to run a black plug and it will light off very rich mixtures

issue solved

I used air cooled 2 stroke oil instead of outboard oil and ran it all day and never even got a little smoke commmin off the cylinder.

YESSS

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account