Performance Derbi Wiring (Electronic Ignition)

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Ok, so I've got a huge wiring harness, coils, modules, etc from a ds50 for my flat reed motor, but I'm looking to totally simplify my wiring to have spark, an on-off switch and a headlight. There are two wires coming out of the electronic flywheel, yellow (individual connector), then a the group of green/yellow, blue, and black going into a 3-prong which attaches to the electronic module.

The ds50 wiring diagram is super unclear, and shoes a yellow/black coming from somewhere to the ignition coil. There is also the electronic load regulator (required?), and a bunch of other stuff.

What do I need, what do I do? This electronic ignition is a little crazy and I have no idea whats happening. Help!

Re: Performance Derbi Wiring (Electronic Ignition)

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

This is the manual I've got access to:

http://www.mopedcentral.com/images/DerbiEngineRepair.pdf

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

And I should say I'm not going to be using the electric start and associated pieces.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

ill look when i get back into town monday. or if you want to come by for tacos ill let you look at my ds50 all day

Zack, I could use all that electric start gear, if you wanna sell it.

Bj has complete points stator/flywheel kits and they are supprisingly affordable.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Vic, would you need complete electronic ignition to make it work? I'm kind of poor right now but want to get this running, so if I can keep stuff that would be ideal. If the starter works with your points, why not? I believe I have everything for it.

vic, you high compression beating bastard!

the derbi (motoplat) electronic ignition is a transistor type, kinda like a jawa, and they fail often. I definitely wanna stick with my points setup.

I believe you are able to unbolt the starter ring gear from the DS50 flywheel and bolt it onto a points flywheel. at least thats what im hoping (some variants came with electric start too)

so to answer your original question, the electronic ignition is 12v DC output for lights so you need to have the load regulator and possibly a small battery (electronic geniuses, back me up here?)

PS: yellow/black is the color for ground wires on variants and ds50s

let me know about that electric start gear if you wanna ditch it.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

yea I took the ring off my flywheel, I'll check it on Matt's points setup and see if it will work for you. I'll see if I can get this going looking at maitlands setup.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account